Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Our best-selling fragrance gets dunked: apples crushed into vintage patchouli, dark, rich, aged vanilla absolute, vegetal musk, and spices.

Wow, this isn't what I was expecting but it is wonderful. It's apple crisp Snake Oil. The apples are buttery, warm, and dusted with cinnamon and nutmeg. Of course, Snake Oil is there with its rich vanilla and sweetness. The Snake Oil musks and patchouli are perfect, making this into more than just another apple dessert perfume.

Bobbing for Sneks goes on heavy and sweet, and somehow musky even for SO.

The apples are baked rather than fresh, warm and almost mushy, buttery-soft and mildly spiced. Beneath the harvest fruit, the Snake Oil runs deep, its patchouli especially noticeable, like a taproot burrowing into the orchard depths.

Lovely SO blend.

these are indeed baked, spiced apples atop what reads very clearly as 2022 snake oil.  the vanilla and musk are especially prominent, as is the spice. 

this is like snake oil apple pie, minus a crust element. yes, it's just as delicious as it sounds.

i wish i could fast-forward time to smell this in a couple of years.  (but i'll be dipping into it plenty in the interim, have no doubt.)

I agree with the aforementioned:

snake oil apple pie! I am getting buttery dough, spice, sugar, apples all up in the most recent snek oil. My oil has a lot of particles floating around that I will just imagine is apple pie sediment 🤣 

Excellent. Spiced apple new Snake Oil is a win.

Eta 19 Nov '22 - this is now a bit of spiced apple, a touch of musk and a wollop of patchouli. Like, holy moly patchouli. Glad I love patchouli!

Edited by HerbGirl

Disclaimer: Skin tested with one full day of rest from the mail.  

The apple in this is bright red, crisp, and a little tart. It manages to cut out any of the powdery elements that Snake Oil can sometimes have around the edges. SO comes across as the gorgeous vegetal musk with some refined patchouli. Love this already. 

So... original Coral Snake turns into spiced apple goodness with age. 2016 Coral Snake is still really tropical and has no signs of morphing into that. So I was very excited about this snek, because I wanted an apple Snake Oil that didn't have caramel in it (like Caramel Apple Snake Oil) and one I wouldn't have to age forever. And this did not disappoint!

This is a spiced apple Snake Oil. It goes on with the Snake Oil musk being quite strong at first, but then the apple and spices emerge. The apple is between baked and fresh (not quite as baked as the apple in Lambs-Wool), but leans more baked, and the Snake Oil spices just complement it perfectly. I could not stop sniffing myself when I wore this last night, and I could still smell it when I woke up the next day (although it's more Snake Oil now than apple).

This is even better than I thought it would be, and if it gets restocked, I'm grabbing a back-up. This is without a doubt my favorite snek variant from the past few years. I might even destash one or both of my Coral Snakes.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Bobbing for Snake Oil is definitely going to become iconic! The fruity variation is beautifully blended into the existing patina of a classic Snake Oil that we all know and love; blindly smelling this, if you were familiar with Snake Oil, I think you'd be able to recognize it, young though this bottle is. The sweet patch is there, the spicy musk, the snuggly vanilla, and tucked away into this comforting haze is a homemade apple pie filling. I don't get a buttery pie crust, so I won't say this is an actual apple pie, but the filling is there, not overly sweet, with still a hint of tartness to the pleasing softness of the baked apples.

I also need to report something weird that I'm getting at this current stage of aging: corn chips. I have had this phenomenon happen in another perfume that featured apple desserts, so it is surely just a me thing, but I'm leaving it here in case it helps future me or anybody else. It doesn't ruin the perfume for me, just adds another layer of "wearing Snake Oil at Thanksgiving and the family is munching on corn chips while dinner cooks" storytelling to the scent profile.

Do you need this if you're not an apple fan? I'd say maybe? If you tend to like gourmands but not specifically apple, this might still scratch a nice itch, and the Snake Oil is a good one! It's worth trying, and I hope it gets restocked one more time before Weenies 2022 go away! I plan to age this one and revisit in a few months.

I would wear this while: recovering from Thanksgiving :P

This is another SO variant that goes savory on me, but not to the intense degree that Sugar Cookie SO did.

I get mostly dry apple pie at first and very little Snake Oil. Over time, it's as if a dry Snake Oil blooms. Not sweet, just spicy and musky. As savory as Snek can be.

First sniff and I'm hooked! This now has to be one of my favorite Snake Oil variants. I'm very happy that the Snake Oil is definitely there... it's up front and center. But it only takes a minute for the apples to show up... a spicy apple, nothing fresh or green about it, as if it's been simmering on the stove and cooked down to softness. It blends into the Snake Oil and now I have a spicy apple Snake Oil, exactly what I had hoped for. 

I had a decant of Coral Snake way back in the early days of the CD release, and while nice, it wasn't enough to warrant a bottle. This one is deserving of backups, if it ever returns. Oh I hope so, but in the meantime, I'm delighted that I was able to swap for this and will cherish it!

First off, thank you HerbGirl for answering my ISO for this bottle!!! ❤️ So glad I got a hold of some! 

Sniffing in the bottle, sweet crisp apple and lovely S.O.! I am a sucker for anything S.O. 

On my skin, stays the same of how it smells and it is wonderful! I get the sweet apple and S.O. Neither seems to be overpowering the other... a nice mild blend of both. As it dries, the S.O. is a bit more out in front, but the apple is there. This has a medium throw on me. Can't wait to see how this one ages! :) 

Rich spicy Snake Oil and crisp red apple! Absolutely delicious and has the perfect balance between the two on my skin. 

It took a while for me to fall in love with this one.  I love trying all the snake oil variants and this certainly was festive, but idk it was weird at first on me.  The mixture of red apple hitting the SO vanilla was evocative of icky floral-musky snake oil pie crust perfume after the initial refined apple pop, and mostly remained that way.  

I had hope though because SO often smells weird like that on me for the first month of aging/susceptible to smelling more powdery/musky/stale/floral during hormonal shifts.  But with time, it always deepens, gets richer and smoother, and all those odd raspy parts settle into a beautiful odd addicting thing.  

Slowly I started craving it more and more, and it was better each time I tried it.  It kinda snuck up on me.  

At this point I perceive it as having a wonderful balance of the complex snake oil and a drop of uplifting/ refreshing crisp red apple just subtly in there.

It makes for a really nice juxtaposition that really works when you crave that richness of snake oil but also don’t want to be dragged down by the scent too much.   

Edited by Viiinylflowers

Finally broke open this one because it's Friday and I'm wearing one of my favorite T-shirts while working from home and I was in the mood to handle something powerful today!  In the bottle:  A slice of fresh apple followed immediately by a BIG rush of apple pie spice. On, wet:  The Snake Oil starts to come to the front and the initial blast of pie spice calms down a bit.  Drydown:  This is surprisingly tame upon drydown.  I'm getting a 3-way split between the SO, pie spice, and fresh apple.  It's actually much more "fresh" than I expected it to be.  It's like I'm walking outside at one of those Pick Your Own Apple places, which also inevitably have a pie counter and locally-made scented holiday candles.  Autumnal for sure, but light enough to wear year-round.  After a few hours I also get an incredibly clean "after-whiff" which is almost like plain white soap.  Not sure what it is but the whole thing ties together nicely.

Just received this Monday, it's now Thursday. Fresh out of the mail and directly applied, it actually smelled eyeballs-rolling-back great for a few moments. Then it went weird.

Applying again today, it remains quite weird. To quote someone else's experience of A Sorceress: "Never have I been so wrong about how something would smell on me." It's all mealy red apple sadness with a trace of plastic. Damn my skin chemistry! 

I may stow Bob the Snek for awhile or just let it bring joy to someone else.

I'm not much of an apple fan, but I love some Snake Oil and have to try all the things. Like some other SOs, this one starts savory and salty. With the apple, it's like a peanut butter apple snack - juicy, red, and peanutty. Fascinating! I'm hanging on to this for awhile to see where it takes us!