Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Seajewel

Bobbing for Oblivion

Arkansas black apples with inky musk, wood spice, labdanum, patchouli, dark African woods, and saffron.

If you like the original Oblivion, you definitely want this. Apples really elevate this into something beautiful. It's almost like a high end craft cider - smooth, not too sweet, no effervesence, just really good apples. I've been waiting it out to see if the apple turns funky at all, and thankfully so far it does not. The apple has receded after a few minutes and the wood and spices peek out. The whole scent fades quite a bit 10-15 minutes in, but it's still lovely even close to the skin.

I gotta run back to the Lab and order a couple more.

I'd like to note for the record that the oil in this decant is a light teal color. Now that that is out of the way...

Mostly, I'm getting a not-quite-aquatic musk, what I assume is the inky musk. The other notes are quite soft, almost hollow and ghostlike. This smells to me like a faint, perfumey bluish apple musk, with a touch of saffron-like dryness. That dryness combines with the apple musk to read almost like a dry cider, and I can see the craft cider comparison.

This is a little odd, and certainly perfumey, but interesting and likable.

You arrive at the inn early and await your companions–five strangers who are meeting for the first time, anonymously accepting the intriguingly vague but highly lucrative-sounding adventure guild request. You are served a measure of fresh-pressed apple cider in a rustic wooden goblet. There is a bit of dried patchouli leaf and a thread of saffron floating on the golden surface of the drink. Is this evidence of a hexing or perhaps a culinary oversight? You inquire of the barmaid, who only repeats the same question, “what’ll it be, love?” Huh, that’s weird. Almost as weird as when you noted that you only have one arrow in your quiver, and one health potion in your bag. Almost as if…you have to play at some game to earn more of them. And hey, that’s no barmaid, that’s just a random NPC! Wait a second! Did you get sucked into an RPG again? How does this keep happening to you???