Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pink lady apples with pink and red musks, lemon peel, sugar cane, cassia, white sandalwood, mango, and agarwood.

I've never smelled the original, Dodo, but this is delightful. Something about the mango and lemon comes across as floral. Maybe it's the agarwood. Supposedly agarwood can smell floral. Basically, you've got to love apples and florals to like this one. At first, it's a bright, sweet apple-floral-pink musk situation. Perfume-y, with good throw. After some time, the apple takes a small step back and the sandalwood comes forward. I don't really detect the cassia. I'm sure time will bring the woodsy bits forward. 

Edited by Sjofn
Want to add that this is now one of my top 3 favourite apple BPALs in my obsessive apple collection.

This here be a more whimsical Bobbin.

Well-sugared pinkish apples and musk, what I thought at first was pink grapefruit but may be the lemon mingling with pink musk, and a relatively mellow mango.

Fruity, sugary, pinkish, playful.

I agree that there's something coming across as floral here! It's very...pink apples + light sugared floral, on me. I don't really get cassia or anything woodsy, which is fine - I was here for the apples and fruit!

I would've liked the mango to be a little louder, I think - I like juicy fruit-basket scents! But this is very pretty, too. It's almost a springtime scent, if springtime apples are a thing: pink, pretty, floral, sparkly apples. Good throw, so far!

A fruity/citrusy floral scent. On the initial application, I could pick out the apple, but it quickly melds with the lemon peel to give an overall all citrus leaning fruit smell. Still very fresh and bright. There a strong floral-mint component of the scent, that I assume is coming from the cassia mixing with the apple and lemon peel. Overall, a fresh and bright, citrus-floral scent, but I was expecting more apple.

Strong musky apple turns into green mango. This is probably the heaviest mango blend I've tried in a long time. You get a musky mango on drydown but if you've been hankering for a mango blend, look no further. Medium throw and wear length.

100% Pink Lady Apple, this is a strong sweet fresh apple vibe, not quite candied, not green, not powdery, but something that I'm not as familiar with. I wouldn't have thought of an apple musk as a way to describe this, but I think the pink musk note is REALLY adding to this impression. If you're a fan of sweeter musks I think you'll like this, and I honestly prefer this to OG Dodo, I think the apple does a lot of heavy lifting for the fruity vibe that isn't as strong on me in the original (which I SWEAR had grapefruit as a note). It's very pink and lovely, and feels like an overly sweetened cup of fruit tea on a summers day.