Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Seajewel

Bobbing for Daddy

The following contest is scheduled for one fall. Get it? Fall! Our ongoing collaboration with the pro-wrestler EFFY has taken a decidedly seasonal turn, conjuring fantasies of apple picking, polishing, nibbling, and even a bit of juicing if the mood is right. Blended together with DADDY’s signature notes of diabolical incense, bay rum and a hiss of infernal fougere, this is one hayride you won’t want to miss.

Craving bay rum apples? Daddy may have you covered. Bobbing for Daddy is essentially bay rum apples (which do, by the way, smell gleaming and well-polished) in a soft cloud of fougere.

I never notice incense, but cologney bay rum apples? Oh, yes.

So I finally looked up the difference between "bay rum" and just "rum", and had an "AHA!" moment. Totally agree with the previous reviewer that this is a lovely bay rum apple blend. If I look for it, I get a vague incense note, but like the leather note in Bobbing for Ball Gags, I suspect that may show through more in time. Goes on a bit sharp, but quickly dries down to a soft apple scent. Despite the name, definitely safe for work wear (just hide the bottle).

Apples and sweaty aftershave. This one just smells like a filthy apple. Probably what the garden of eden apple smelled like after it was bitten. Medium throw and wear length.

Before I reminded myself of the notes, I thought to myself…what is this? Apple and …latex? Apple …and chlorinated water? In this blend, nibbles of autumn apples are blended with BPAL’s Daddy scent, and that’s where the “diabolical incense” and the “infernal fougere” come in, and I don’t know what comprises either of those, and I couldn’t even begin to guess. But whatever latex-esque chlorine mingling vibe I am getting initially, it paves the way for a vibrantly grassy, subtly woody, absolute freshest, most hyper-realistic apple perfume I have ever sniffed. So weird and so very cool.