Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Seajewel

Bobbing for Blood Kisses

leaming red apples sloshing through lush, creamy vanilla and the honey of the sweetest kiss smeared with the vital throb of husky clove, swollen red cherries, but darkened with the vampiric sensuality of vetiver, soporific poppy and blood red wine, and a skin-light pulse of feral musk.

Very fresh, crisp red apples with some of the Blood Kiss spice in the background. Actually a bit more apple-forward than I thought, but I like it! Bright and long lasting.

Blood Kisses was the biggest surprise of the three Bobbings I've tried so far. The apple it presents gleams almost like a red patent leather, it's so shiny (but not plasticky! A true slick patent!) A coppery twang like Bard glimmers from its depths, a note I always associate with clove and saffron even though I'm not sure that IS what it truly is. The vetiver is silvery too, metallic, serpentine and slithery through its grassy bed. Combined with the spicy red musk that's prominent in this Bobbing, it's hypnotic. Oh, fans of Vetiver Patchouli Apple Peel trio and Scherezade will LOVE this. Maybe Bright Red Dildo too, although I am not personally a BRD fan myself, but this is what I wanted the red patent leather to smell like.

I actually love Bobbing for Blood Kisses more than I knew I would. I hope the vetiver continues to bloom and bloom in its snake-charmer red musk dance. The apple seems to tone down the cherry I get from Blood Kiss, to the point where I just smell dark red fruit, and no almond whatsoever. (I also don't get specifically wine or booze, but it's somewhere between the juiciness of juice and the dryness of an alcoholic beverage. Very smooth and rich.) BfBK is one of the creamiest of the bobbings, and one of the most complex I would guess. Like the apple doesn't completely take over the whole show, and I could even picture someone who's not a big apple fan digging the twists and turns of the spices and vetiver and musks here.

This beauty has a low-to-moderate throw, but I keep catching whiffs of it when I move around. The vetiver doing its magic 💥 I'm hoping it continues to age even stronger so I can surround myself in a CLOUD of it all. I'm so happy with how this turned out!

I would wear this while: adorning my person in a vampiric red dress.

I mean, yes. Well, now. This is very much as described in its notes!

The apples are red and do indeed gleam, the whole fragrance is lush --- just a bit creamy and a little more honeyed --- with extra red from cherries, poppies, and wine, and a positively vampiric dose of musk. Clove and vetiver are more blended in, but clear enough once I read them listed. The vetiver, or something, is also a touch grassy and smoky, to the degree of reminding me of Endless Corridors, with its beeswax, candle smoke and vetiver. I definitely notice the vetiver more and more as this dries.

This is sheer, unapologetic (bitch, please) vampire glam.

This was mostly red apple dominant and added more sweetness to the point of making the scent candy-like. 

Much too sweet and too much apple for me.

I'm not a big fan of apple scents, but I love Blood Kiss.  Unfortunately, I don't smell anything reminiscent of Blood Kiss from this.  It's all apple and, to me, an impression of a yellow apple that leans sour and tart rather than sweet and juicy.  I don't like it very much.  It feels very simple and punchy.

Apple isn’t my favorite scent, but I like it once in a blue moon.  I got this entirely for the blood kiss - which is one of my favorite bpal scents (and all I’ve ever had of it is one single leetle imp : D ) 

I figured this would be like some amount of apple + blood kiss, but the blood kiss in this sits really weird on my skin in ways that my imp doesn’t.  It smells husky musky in a sorta powdery way that is a very tactile back of your throat kinda scent - like the feral musk is amping on me a lot.  

After the apple opening (which smells to me like a sour red or maybe yellow? candied apple and burns off pretty fast). - 

I mostly get the feral musk front and center - then second - a hint of greenish vetiver that smells like a cross between vetiver and the green cardamom note as I’ve experienced it in the past - adding a little something.  

Then the other notes serve to sweeten it a little and kind of round things off.  The sweetness smells a little red and vaguely honeyed, and the poppy is more textural on me, if I really look for it, it’s like slightly sweet petals smoothing into the musk. 

And there’s a sort of hovering candy sour apple vetiver ness floating above, blending into the hovering musk.  

Edited by Viiinylflowers
I said “feral musk” too many times 🤣 it still says musk too many times but I give up 🤣

In the bottle: Apples and a vague haze of spicy cherries.

Wet: Bright, crisp apples, a bit of something reminiscent of Blood Kiss.

Dry: After an hour, this is definitely noticeable as Blood Kiss. It's not very strong, but I do get some musky cherry with a dash of clove. The fresh, crisp apple smell sticks around for a few hours but does burn off before the Blood Kiss factor.

I blind-bottled this perfume expecting age to make it awesome and my gamble paid off. It is so, so beautiful. It needs time to age, but so does regular Blood Kiss. I expect this to blow my socks off by next Halloween.

Blood-kiss musk with cherry and spices, and red apples. Sexier than expected. Good throw and wear length.

In the bottle -  The clean crispness of apples mixed with the sweetness of vanilla and honey. Cherry undertones but the main fruit is apple. Touches of wine, poppy, and vetiver sharpening it up. But mostly it's fruity and creamy and sweet. When I sniff I get the cherries first and then an apple top note.

Wet -  That wine note comes out on the skin. All those soporifics, wine and poppy and that vetiver really pops. I'm catching that skin musk too. The sexiness of the honeyed vanilla is there, and so is the huskiness of the clove. Still has traces of crisp apple and sweet cherry, but only as from far away - up close to the skin you get more of the wine and clove.

Dry -  What a blend! I get wine and cherry and clove and honey and vanilla and apple. All of them perfectly balanced. Sweet. Juicy. Fruity but not brightly so.