Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Pumpkin Spice Latte

Disclaimer: Skin tested with one full day of rest from the mail.

What it says on the tin, without any major surprises (which is exactly what I was hoping for). The milk note is pretty funky for 5 mins or so, but it mellows out with time. More pumpkin spice than coffee. I was looking for a PSL with a strong coffee base though, so I'm really hoping the coffee note comes out more with time! 

The bottle sniff is surprisingly fragrant. Just shy of floral, something wafting up with a cream note? Must see what this magic is!

Wet, I am again surprised at the absence of the classic BPAL pumpkin spice thick-syrup-spices melange. This is really different! The cream/dairy takes a backseat and is nicely mellow in the blend, while in the forefront comes a black coffee and...CARDAMOM. I am really sensitive to cardamom, and this is a bold and bright cardamom coffee. This is absolutely the fragrance I was smelling. It is very fragrant Middle Eastern coffee shop. Very beautiful for what it is, but not what I was expecting at all!

I'd say the traditional pumpkin spice is very quiet in the blend. I get just a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg, with not much ginger, clove, or allspice. There is no syrup component that I can detect. If you are worried about the milk, I find it to also be not a problem at all. For cardamom fans, especially cardamom coffee, you NEED this! I'd even compare this to the Coffee Bean, Cardamom Pod, and Vanilla Bean (2019) that is so highly sought after! Despite some similarities in the names, this is very very different than the Pumpkin Latte (2010), Pumpkin Snake Latte (2021), or any other permutations of PSL that I've smelled from BPAL so far, like Rite of Passage.

The waft of cardamom-spiced coffee lasted on me for hours. Because of my sensitivity, it ended up not being my cup of PSL, but I would not hesitate to recommend this one to the cardamom lovers! 

My bottles are easily identifiable as mislabled Every Day is Halloween. So, for folks that aren't getting a Pumpkin Spice Latte experience, that might be why. 

I’m getting mostly sugary spices and cream from this PSL, and I’m okay with it! Coffee doesn’t show up well on me, though. 
It is a warm, comforting experience, and I can imagine that there’s pumpkin adding some of that seasonal element. 

This latte is replacing Kobold Barista in my collection, because I’ve started to dislike black pepper in my scents recently.
Glad I chose to swap for a bottle! 🎃🧡🤎🤍

Edited by artisjok

This was a lovely pumpkin spice that was heavy on the cardamom. I didn’t get much coffee at all. I didn’t mind though. The bummer was the lighter throw. If it was stronger I would’ve kept it but my skin ate it up. 🥹 But happily the new owner really likes it 😉

Oh no, it's that "raisin" note i'm not a fan of. I was so excited to try a coffee scent but i'm not getting any coffee at all from the get go. 

I'm mostly getting some type of syrup, close to the sugarfree caramel syrup i have in my kitchen - there's not much pumpkin about it, very vaguely, perhaps. Mostly getting milk, syrup sweetness and a little bit of cardamom.