Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Torta Setteveli

A classic Sicilian recipe alternating layers of chocolate sponge cake, hazelnut Bavarian cream, chocolate mousse, and hazelnut praline crunch, all enrobed in a dark chocolate mirror glaze.

Rich chocolate mousse, lots and lots of bavarian cream and a bit of crunchy, sticky praline. Basically just as described! Although it's way more creamy than cakey to me! Makes me want to try and bake this someday..

My favorite of my first Weenie order! 

I get dark creamy chocolate but also a rich hazelnut, the same hazelnut I love from The Empress & Their Heckhound, with maybe a tinge of cake if I really try to smell it, but everything is blended really well. 

This is like almost like a fancy Nutella, with the fuzzy hazelnut really elevating the scent - love love love! 

Oooooh. This one's for chocolate lovers!

Rich, dark, creamy chocolate - I agree that it's creamy, like the mousse or even the mirror glaze in the description, and not cake-y at all! And then there's a swirl of nuttiness - hazelnut & praline. The fancy Nutella description is a good one!

It's a big decadent scent - I can see this getting a lot of wear in cold weather, or at cozy holiday parties. 🙂

I should have not pulled the trigger blindly on this one. I hoped this would be a gooey, viscous decadent choco desert, but sadly it didn't get there. Generally the BPAL choco gourmands are not skin-friendly with me, except for Bliss.

It didn't have the oomph i expected and sadly turned into thin chocolate powder with hints of hazelnuts. I'm sad 🥺

I get lots of the dry texture of the cake crumb at first, along with some hazelnut. It gets creamier as it sits on the skin, so that after a while, it is chocolate-y hazelnut-infused cream and mousse with just a much lighter cake note.

I like this enough to keep the decant, but I'm not sure I need more than that, even though this is different enough from other chocolate offerings due to the hazelnut. That said, I do like it more than Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (which I blind bottled).

Wow! This is now my ultimate favorite chocolate BPAL. The chocolate is dark, dry and decadent. The hazelnut is there, but not overpowering. I don't actually get much of a cake or creamy experience with this, but, it's sweet enough that it's clearly foodie. 

Edited by Sjofn
💜

Praline, chocolate, and hazelnut in that order. This is definitely a foodie scent. And I get all the scent notes listed, but the praline dominates on me. It smells more like some type of praline based sponge cake with chocolate frosting and hazelnut filling.

I don’t know why but this smells like lots of grainy stale cocoa powder with slight hazelnut flavor dusted onto blemby thin warm vanilla on me.  BPAL does my favorite chocolate notes, but this one so far isn’t working for me, unfortunately - it’s not reading realistic, rich, and smooth like I’m used to from BPAL chocolate scents - it has that harsh texture.  
I’m gonna let it sit longer and revisit in a month though, and I’ll update 💖

Editing to add:  that I got covid shortly after reviewing this - so once I can confirm my senses are normal again, I will revisit and update my review to see if I was experiencing some pre-anosmia weirdness when I reviewed this. 

Edit again:  nose back to normal, and she’s not grainy anymore : D (so that was def covid rearing it’s ugly head) smells like it’s supposed to ~ smooth nutty multi layered dark chocolate.  Delicious. 

Edited by Viiinylflowers

This is a rich beautiful hazelnut (Nutella) chocolate scent. I thought it would be darker but it’s more milk chocolate. Funny thing I was watching The Great British Baking Show and the challenge was to make these the same day I got in the mail so that was such a cool crazy coincidence! Medium throw and staying power on this baby. 

Buttery, creamy chocolate cake. Did you want cake? Did you want chocolate? Look no further. 

There's a light hazelnut aroma but you know you love chocolate hazelnut spread so who are you kidding?

Medium throw and wear length.

This is an impossibly creamy, rich dessert of a fragrance brimming with buttery goodness, a decadent paste of toasted oatmeal, ground nuts, and brown sugar nestled beneath a coffee crème bavaroise with mocha sauce– and blended into a thick, cold, vanilla McFlurry.

The only Weenie I purchased last year. It starts off with a very lovely almost milk chocolate scent with a hint of hazelnut.

On the dry down it kind of smells almost like a powdered chocolate note. The hazelnut comes and goes, but overall it's never very strong. Towards the end it ends up smelling like a chocolate covered graham cracker. One of my longest lasting scents!

Edited by ArtemisSelene

Torta Setteveli smells like chocolate lava cake.  Fluffy and moist chocolate cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and velvety chocolate melted over the top.  I don't get the hazelnut and praline, and I'm glad, because I don't like those notes.  It's cool that this scent smells airy/fluffy and very decadent and rich at the same time.  I feel like I can practically taste this and imagine the texture of the cake, the melting ice cream, and the chocolate sauce.