Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Seajewel

The Wind Strike Chill and Cold

The frost of undeath: an icy and lustrous white mint with ti leaf, white amber, and bruised lilac.

Odic Force, is that you? Out the gate and for quite some time, this has the same, bracing, chilly white mint, with sharp white bar soap if I sniff close. I think the ti leaf + lilac is creating the soap association.

After a while, creamy white soap, bright mint, with a bit of white amber. Not the worst thing, but dang it's sharp still. 

After a while while, much calmer, smoother, edging closer to Last Unicorn territory, but still more Odic Force minty. I reckon some time will smooth things out. Reads like a Yule blend and fitting the name. I didn't realize the author was Rosetti's muse, but learned a lot about her because of this scent. I'll hold on to it.

Fans also of Ghosts of Aldershot might like this, too. There is a bit of sweetness to it.

Oh this is....lovely!

Yes, there is a clean soapyness...but NOT a cheap bar of soap. This, THIS is the posh bubblebath with matching-scented hand soap that one might get for Christmas. A gift that may typically be gifted to someone's mother, but would be much enjoyed with the entire family; including a teenage son who is otherwise impossible to please.

I am not currently a mother to a teenager while writing this....although this IS the image that I get with this scent.

I usually hate "clean" scents, but paradoxically I love anything minty. This opens as very white floral on me (which usually isn't my thing...yet I LOVE THIS). 

It does get softer as it fades. If this 'Weenie is any indicator of what we have in store for the 'Yules, then I'm SUPER excited! 👌 

Lilac and mint, rounded out with amber and ti leaf. On me, this is more of a lilac scent. The mint is definitely there, but more toned down than in other scents with mint I've come across. The mint is more on the herbal/plant side than a sweet or icy mint, which adds to the floral nature of the scent. I can't pick out the ti leaf and amber directly, but I can tell the ti leaf is there, adding to the mint. Overall, a lilac scent with mint that doesn't read as icy.

The white mint is the most dominant note here, with the ti leaf adding more of a fresh, green edge. As it dries down, I'm able to pick out the lilac more, and it blends surprisingly seamlessly with the mint. I never pick out the amber, but this scent has much more staying power on me than other green/minty BPAL blends, so maybe it's in there helping somehow. Overall, cool, clean mint and lilac. Fans of scents like Ghost Music, The Listeners, and Fuck This Heat might also like this one.

I get lilac and refreshing white mint. Sometimes this echoes Salt Phoenix to me mainly due to the lilac, but without the salt note and lavender. Over time the white mint puts in check the lilac headiness and you get a melange of those two notes. Can't wait to wear it in the sprintime.