Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Seajewel

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin

The muffin note is strongest for those that loved baked goods as scents. This pumpkin has a little spice to it. I think I get chocolate the least in this blend. The muffin note is the star! 

I love this muffin! It's perfect: warm, muffiny, comforting. Pumpkin spice behaving itself on my skin, and I get chocolate chips more after the oil has dried. I kinda want to put a dab of Pinched w/Four Pumpkins with it, or Pumpkin Snake Latte. A delightful muffin on its own, and also an option for layering!

Freshly applied, this Weenie is giving me tons of the chocolate chip note from Baby's First Chainsaw (Lilith 2021). So if that one worked for you, you might notice it here and love it! That one didn't work for me - it was plasticky and artificial, "scratch and sniff chocolate chip", with too much of a wax component in it - but it's not the only player here, fortunately. It's the top note, calming down over time.

The orangey-pumpkin note that I usually find in the more sugary Weenies begins to pop. Here, it is strangely not too sweet, a little more savory? I notice a lot more of the citrus-orange peel. It's a bright, happy note that takes the spices of the "pumpkin spice" in a baking direction and not in that thick, goopy pumpkin syrup way. So if you're familiar with that "thicker" pumpkin spice from the lab, quite spicy but also uber rich and orangey, this is it, just extracted from so much sweetness and baked down into a more neutral setting. YUM.

Weirdly, the muffin is kind of the mildest of the notes to my nose? I guess because I'm really familiar with the Lab's chocolate chip and "rich pumpkin spice" note, so the bready dessert of the muffins plays out as an afterthought in what I perceive. But it's a really good setting to tone down those two very desserty components! From all the feedback, most sniffers are very likely to get a lot of muffin, so I would count on it until you get to try it for yourself ;). 

This is a pretty low-throw gourmand that doesn't smack you in the face with sweetness. Nor is the pumpkin spice too much. (YMMV.) I would be prepared for some orange, however. I'm liking it, have yet to totally fall in love, but I'm definitely keeping my bottle for a while!

I would wear this while: cracking open a new cozy fall book. Something with baking in it :P 

A skin scent that to me smells more like pumpkin chocolate chip bread than a muffin, but I think that's just 'cause it's not over-the-top in-your-face sweet. It's exactly what you want it to be if you are drawn to this scent, except maybe that it doesn't have a ton of throw. I agree with LavenderCoffee above that it would probably layer well, and I can't wait to try it with Jack, Snake Oil, and Pumpkin Snake Latte especially! Yum!

I've tried this a few times, and I'm still not sure how I feel about it.

Here's the thing. It smells so boozy at first, in the bottle and on the skin. I don't know if it is the breadiness or the chocolate chips doing that, or the combination of both.

Eventually that boozy blast calms down and it does become muffin-y/quick loaf-y. I can smell the smooth muffin top. I made pumpkin scones with Libby's pumpkin last month, and that's the pumpkin scent that I got from this, especially after it has been dry for a few hours. The pumpkin spice in this is pretty light, so it's worth a try if you are afraid of spice. And the chocolate chips are pretty tame, too! There's definitely more muffin and pumpkin than chocolate here.

I'm going to let this sit for a few more weeks and come back to it and see if I can make a decision about it. I like the end result, but the initial boozy blast is a little much for me.

I've tried this so many times since I first received it, and every time, I get a strong anise, which means that on me, this smells a bit like licorice, as anise do. I'm not complaining, it's a smell I enjoy, just know that if you're a spice amper, getting vaguely licorice pumpkin spice muffin is a possibility. 

After it's dried down, the muffin and pumpkin spice come into play and it does actually smell like a pumpkin spice muffin, but a fancy one where someone made the pumpkin spice mix from scratch and went a little overboard on the star anise- in the best way. It's also pretty cinnamon and ginger spicy too-but not in an overpowering way, again, it just smells like someone made the mix themselves. The chocolate is there, but it's really light; I think it's being suffocated under all the spice and muffin but that's fine, I can add my own if I really want.

Overall, this is very pleasant, I definitely recommend it...and I absolutely want to eat this fancy muffin.

Like Doomsday_disco, I get that upfront boozy blast! I'm not sure what's doing that, but it's definitely a booze punch, like maybe a rum? I actually wondered at first if there was some mix-up and this was the Rum Cake!

A couple hours later, it's much more bread-y and pumpkin-y - like a canned pumpkin, like, well, like a pumpkin bread! It's not really very sweet - it's closer to other Lab bread scents, if you've liked those. It's a calm baked-bread skin-close scent, very home-y.

I'm not really getting any chocolate, unless that's somehow transforming into the initial booze wave. Overall, I like it, in a gentle autumn-kitchen sort of way, especially once it dries down.

Muffinses! The first oven blast on this one is of warm chocolate chip muffins. Specifically chocolate chips, rather than a chocolate muffin.

The pumpkin is more the pumpkin spice than the gourd, and even so, comes out softly ... a mild, spiced warmth that actually reminds me of the ... hey, this is like the spiced rum from Noisy Goose Moon!

I really enjoyed the way that warm, mild-spiced rum played with the vanilla-banana in Goose and I'm enjoying its effect here, with a chocolatish muffin. I think I love Noisy Goose Moon more, but this is a fun, unexpected Weenie muffin.

More of a pumpkin spice muffin or sweet pumpkin bread on me. Foodie, sweet, and very much a fall baked good. I don't get the chocolate chips though above the general sweetness of the scent.

Chocolate chips and pumpkin batter. If you wanted a chocolate chip pumpkin muffin, well, you got it! Medium throw and wear length.

This reminds me of Jack; it even has a weird, fruity, sour peach-y scent on my skin that shouldn't be there.  It also smells of smoky, burning candle and leans waxy/plasticy with a sharp spice note, so it's very much giving off 'cheap pumpkin spice candle' vibes.  I don't know if I smell chocolate or muffin at all of if I'm just really good at imagining things as I sit here trying to pick the scent apart.  Maybe a tiny hint of creamy chocolate somewhere in here.  The cheap, melting wax smell really bothers me.  Another pumpkin dud for me.

This is definitely muffin first, than bready pumpkin. Light on spice and I barely get chocolate. It’s yummy and different but sadly the throw and staying power were light on me.