Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Seajewel

Pomegranate Tiramisu

Lady Fingers soaked in pomegranate syrup and tipped with fingernails of sliced almond, entombed in layers of mascarpone and crème fraîche and then topped with a sprinkle of fresh pomegranate seeds.

Yes yes yes! 

This is DELICIOUS. I totally get the “goat milk note from Ghost Milk” reference made in Tom & Galen’s sniffing impressions video, because there’s a similar creamy base for the whole scent to rest on, probably the Creme Fraiche note. I also get a bit of almond & ladyfingers/Madelines note blended pretty well into the scent as well as a light realistic pomegranate all mixed together. It’s mouthwatering and I now really really want to eat the dessert it is named after. 

My only complaint is that right now the longevity is on the short side, and the throw isn’t great either after the first 5 mins. 

I can't really pick out any individual notes in this. Wet it's very creamy and extremely sweet, with a sort of generic fruitiness. The drydown includes a prolonged bit of artificial berry car-air-freshener nastiness before it settles into a too sweet foodyness close to the skin. It's pretty similar to Eat Me, but the chemical fake sweetness keeps it from being actually nice on me. I don't get any almond or any of the tang I'd associate with mascarpone.

I'll try it again in a couple months and see if it's settled some, but right now this is a bit disappointing. 

Edited by LdyKnight

Pom Tiramisu was one of the scents I was looking forward to the most of this year’s Weenies…. Sadly, it’s so faint on me. I slathered 3 times and no real impact.
I do think it dries to something like Ghost Milk, though that’s just the tiny whiff I can grasp. Ghost Milk itself was also too faint on me, so if a fruity version of that sounds appealing, you might find some success in this scent. 

I'm in full agreement with LdyKnight. I'll add that the fake sweetness reminds me of Bath and Body Works lotions that would give me headaches and make me a little nauseous.

On me, this scent is pomegranate with a side of tiramisu. The pomegranate is very juicy and forward in this scent. I can smell a sweet, dense spiced cake note, closer to the skin. But this is definitely a pomegranate scent. Much fruitier than foodie, imo.

I agree with artisjok that this was one of the faintest scents ever! Such a bummer because I was so excited for this one. But it’s just a faint sweetness on me. I don’t even get pomegranate. Sad. 😿

Light tiramisu covered in pom juice. You get both, but pom is very present and noticeable. Medium throw and wear length.