Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Seajewel

Oil and Blood

There are no saints here: thick blackened rivulets of blood soak through linen winding sheets and cold clay.

In the bottle: Hmm. Sweeter than I expected, and I'm not sure I like the linen note. Is the blood note dragon's blood?

On skin: The sweetness settles, smelling clean and slightly metallic. Oh hello, there's the clay, a strong earthiness amping up.

Drydown: I mostly get the clay note out of this, the "blood" secondary. I don't like the scent wet in the bottle, but wearing it is very different, very pleasant. A rather neutral scent, not too strong.

I swear I mean this positively: Dracula’s freshly cleaned and dried laundry. On me the linen comes through the strongest, with clay in the background and what I think is dragon’s blood showing up just a smidge.  It’s like the clean linen room in the subterranean parts of an ancient haunted castle.  They gotta keep all that red damask clean somewhere.  I personally really like it.  When you want to smell clean and fresh, but make it goth.

You smell bloody musk and petroleum. I don't get laundry, but definitely an empty wearhouse and blood. Medium throw and wear length.

I absolutely get the 'laundry' quality from this - think the 'linen fresh' scent of any major manufacturer but more subtle, with a splotch of dragon's blood and a whiff of something faintly resiny, which I'm guessing is the clay. My skin, at least, isn't amping the metallic quality, but I get a touch of salt.

'Clean laundry' scents aren't usually my thing, but this one errs just cool and goth enough to be a keeper. This would smell divine as a room or linen spray. As it continues to dry, I immediately had the sense memory of being in an expensive home goods store.