Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This is the scent of a disaffected deathrock kid skulking around Hollywood with her ne’er-do-well friends: pre-climate catastrophe autumn winds billowing through a cloud of decaying leaves, exhaust fumes, maximum-hold hairspray, and clove cigarettes, but minus the Boones Farm.

I am obsessed with Clove Cigarettes retail exclusive from BPAL so I had to try this one. I get the hairspray, a little clove, but this is 90% dead leaves note on me, which is not a note that works on me, unfortunately. I will try again after letting it settle (just got in the mail today).

Dead leaves on the first whiff (not sad about that!) touch of nose crunching hairspray. On my skin it just becomes 100% clove. Which is lovely but sad as I had more hopes for depth 

In the bottle, this is stanky dead rotting leaves slapping you in the face.(which i love!) Once on the skin, the leaves calm down just a little and there's a strange, sharpness maybe? behind them (is that you, hairspray? Exhaust?) And the clove starts to peek out from under the leaf pile. I love the dead leaves note, the clove does not overpower it on me- they play nice, though they are both quite strong.

This is very evocative, I adore stranger scents like this- I am so glad I got a bottle of this!! It's beautiful!  :D

This smells on me like Thorns Clove Cigarette plus dead wet leaves, and a touch of hair spray.

I amp clove, so very slowly this is becoming a clove single note, but I think you like the dead leaves accord and you like the clove cigarette scent you'll enjoy this.

Edited by Biocarbons

I get the bell pepper esque dead leaves note, but weirdly it WORKS in this blend on me. 

I'm getting the hairspray note (which really is fun) combined with the dead leaves for a shockingly well paired base with a heavy layer of clove cigarette sitting on top, I'm not sure if I'm sold on it as a scent combination, but I love how it feels to wear, it absolutely has the energy of sulking around a cemetery, and there's something powerful about its wear.

CLOVE cigarettes, a whiff of hairspray, and honestly just throw this back to all the 90s goth kids who smoked cloves. You missed out on that HM Clove Cigarette blend? Look no further. Medium throw and wear length.

It’s a challenge not to experience a perfume like this one through one’s own lens, this “scent of a disaffected deathrock kid skulking around Hollywood with her ne’er-do-well friends…but minus the Boones Farm.” In 1990 I was 14, a freshman in high school, and desperate to shed the bookish, nerdy, teacher’s pet image that had been following me around for as long as I could remember. ..so the first week of school, I snagged myself a heavy-metal boyfriend. I am not sure how this happened, but I suspect it was because I was wearing an Iron Maiden tee shirt and an impossibly short, incredibly tight skirt. This was a case of someone probably being way too cool for me, but not in the actual-cool way that I would have been comfortable with, rather the smoking and drinking and badly-behaved-way that teenagers think is cool. Anyway, I ended up skipping a lot of school, receiving a lot of detention, and getting threatened through a third party that I was going to get beat up by some girl I’d never met because she liked my boyfriend and wanted him for herself, I guess? I never got beat up, so I still don’t know what that was about. Autumn 1990 smells like realizing dozens of times over that I was too bright, too clever, and too interesting for this guy, but then worrying that no one would ever ask me out again, and deciding to be okay with having a boyfriend who people thought was cool but with whom I barely had a single thing in common. Spicy incense smoke and caustic hairspray, and pilfered, musky spritzes of my mother’s nice perfume, embedded in a denim jacket that he wouldn’t let me keep, but that he would sometimes let me wear on rainy November days.

Aqua-Net and clove cigarettes with whiffs of that gasoline/motor oil sort of vibe that I really shouldn't love so much. No idea when I would wear this, but it's a whole ass mood and memory.

This smells like clove plus some atmospheric hazy smoke and a hint of hairspray.  I wasn't impressed when I first got it, I thought it was heavy, too much clove, and borderline sour on my skin. 

Now when I smell it up close I get the eerie, uncanny sense of a person, like this perfume conjured up a real person and I'm leaning in and smelling them up close.  I'm picturing someone with long hair and I just put my face right by their neck and in their hair.  It's wild and a little scary. 

After a while it dies down a bit and it's clove, leaves, light smoke.  Maybe some hairspray.  The person left the room. 

I don't know how often I'll wear this but I'm startled by it, and keeping it if only because it's so evocative and weird.  

Also it goes really well with Dead Leaves & Ginger Spice.  Guess I'm having a Halloween kind of day today.