Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Victory is a fizzy champagne party with a smear of pumpkin cheesecake. Usually I test a scent at home before wearing it out to make sure it won't go wonky on me, but not today! And there was a point when the pumpkin tried to assert itself and created an odd combo with the champagne, but fortunately, the champagne beat it back on my skin.

If you don't like champagne, you won't like this one. It's definitely one for those who love the Lab's champagne note.

I'm curious to see if the pumpkin cheesecake will get stronger as this ages.

I had tested this a little on Saturday fresh from the mail and knew I liked it, but a couple days of mellowing has only made it better! It’s champagne, it’s pumpkin spice, it’s a little bit of cheesecake. Love it. While wearing this, somebody did ask “what’s that scent, it’s like…Halloween? But a candle?” I agree with the review above that if you love the lab’s Champagne note, you definitely need this.

Oh my word - so much fizzy champagne! To the point that I'm wondering who ate my pumpkin cheesecake!

I like the Lab's champagne note, so I'm not mad about it, but honestly it's almost a single note of that on me, especially at first. After it dries there's a hint - it really is a *hint* - of a little creaminess at the back.

I got it yesterday, so I'm going to leave it for a couple of days and see if the pumpkin stops being shy - I do also *really* love pumpkin, and I like sweet cream type scents, so I was hoping for a balance of notes here, so in that sense I'm a bit sad. But, again, I like the champagne, so that's okay too - not complaining! Maybe I'll try layering it with something more pumpkin or cream-forward...maybe Ghost Milk? Or my old partial bottle of Pumpkin Cheesecake?

Edited by splendidissima

I usually don’t enjoy the Lab’s champagne note, though I had a hunch this would be good. I’m glad I scored a decant, because it is really good! 

I think there’s a sharpness that usually accompanies the champagne scents I’ve tried. Here, the pumpkin cheesecake smooths out that hard edge. It’s like a spiced Italian cream soda, or something like that….

lightly spiced, gently creamy, sparkling brightness… intriguing!
Also, it lasts really well, and I always appreciate scents that can hold up on my thirsty skin. I can’t stop sniffing. 

I’m tempted to get a full bottle, since I don’t know if I’ll find another champagne scent that works so well for me. 

Spicy champagne! I thought this would read odd to me, because who combines pumpkin cheesecake and champagne? But it oddly works, really well in fact. It’s mostly bright, spicy, fizzy champagne on me. The spice of course coming from the cheesecake because the Lab’s cheesecake note always reads spicy on my skin. And just a smidge of creamy pumpkin, enough that I can sniff myself and go “yeah there’s pumpkin there”, but not so much that I wouldn’t wear this in, say, summer. Joyous is a great descriptor here, because it really does seem to lift the spirits. I absolutely love this and need a bottle for sure. Victory indeed.

Edited by Beary Strange

Champagne with cake. Definitely a champagne scent, though the foodie, sugary cake note holds its own. I don't get pumpkin. And as this scent wears on, I get more sugary, particularly sweet champagne. Overall, I'm reminded of celebratory champagne with a side of cake pops.

Been wearing this for 2 days now, and definitely starts very strong with the champagne note but over time you get this great sort of "champagne and pumpkin cheesecake truffle" thing going on.  Definitely matches the description perfectly.

This starts with strong fizzy champagne but as it dries down you get the pumpkin cheesecake on the skin. The champagne hangs in a cloud above and the cheesecake stays on the skin below. So fun! I’m a sucker for a cheesecake scent and happy to have this one. 🎃

Fuzzy crisp champagne, with a lime note, and whiff of cheesecake. This was mainly all champagne on me. Good throw, but low wear length. My skin just ate it up.