Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  

A sorrowful Halloween blend of pumpkin puree, lavender bud, night-blooming violets, purple sandalwood, and tears.

On wet, this is mostly lavender violet tears. Tears are coming across as a nice salty wet smell that goes well with lavender. (Paging fans of the lavender/sea salt/rain trio.) Drying down the pumpkin and sandalwood start to come through, and it is just the puree, no pumpkin spice to be found. I can't say I've smelled purple sandalwood before, but it provides a nice sturdy base here for the other notes. Lavender and tears hang out in the top range, while violets hang out with the pumpkin in the middle.

The tears are not capital A aquatic, but they're not Not aquatic, and they provide a nice contrast to the spoopy purple pumpkin. Nothing soapy happening - just atmospheric and a bit salty.

This could be the sad cousin of Every Day is Halloween. Instead of the booming warmth of toasted pumpkin and sandalwood, this is a subtle, cool salty pumpkin sandalwood with a handful of crushed flowers. Definitely an unusual pumpkin blend. It doesn't have a ton of throw but I keep wanting to sniff this, I think it's the violet/sandalwood combo. Really nice.

This is still fresh from the (tragic) mail. However, I had to wash another scent off because it hit me with a scent memory so hard I had to put that on a "try later" row. So, I do not THINK any of the "Temple of Neptune" is still present, as this is all pumpkin-infused sandalwood & I am a ho for it. I really hope it stays close to this as I go because it's so warm & it feels like the perfect mix of spooky vibes in the air & an autumn day bundled in a warm sweater. Bare trees, pumpkins appearing on porches, soft spices faintly around, & just... very Autumn Mood. Nothing despondent at all. This would feel more like the moment of triumph!

When it first went on, it was really just sandalwood with light florals, so this is for the drydown after about 20+ minutes. If it stays this way though, this may become my new Everyday is Halloween (last year's staple for a while). I'll edit this review if anything wildly changes but loving it! Not even sad the flowers have obviously had their fill for the season & gone underground.

strong lavender in the bottle, on the skin more sandalwood and bit of the pumpkin comes out. much sweeter and less herbal than expected with saltiness in the background. i really really dig it and find myself gravitating toward it a lot! i think this perfume is a great representation of the word "despondency" without actually evoking the feelinging because I find this scent to be very calming. layering surprisingly well with Anticipation!

Continuing on with the Ginormous Yard Skeleton...in the bottle:  Violets and the salty "tear" note.  On, wet:  The florals open up more and I get a tiny peek of sandalwood, along with a hint of pumpkin pulp.  Drydown: An ALMOST marine salty dry sandalwood with a bit of lavender and the occasional poof of violet..  Low throw, medium wear length.  

This really does smell like a sad, 20 ft. tall skellington on the day after Halloween.  A sort of morose green note bringing down that lofty sandalwood, the chill breath of lavender extinguishing the warmth of a candle illuminating a week-old jack-o-lantern’s rotting grin.Evocative of that bummer feeling of gloomy liminality, that space between where we started and where we’re going, the bitter business of the banished excitement of the thing that just passed and not knowing what to next look forward to. The feeling of emptiness after sustained contact with the ineffable.

I wanted to like this so much, but on me, it turns straight into plastic dollar-store flowers that someone's been spraying cleaner near. I think to another nose, it could be really nice as I do just barely get the green pumpkin.