Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Seajewel

Anticipation

Red sandalwood and white pumpkin prickling with black pepper, orange blossom, and bergamot.

The scent of an extremely expensive menswear store. In the bottle and wet on the skin, the sandlewood and black pepper dominate. As it dries down, the bergamot and orange blossom quietly make themselves known, but the pumpkin remains virtually indetectable. The net effect is somehow both expensive and mysterious, just like the giant yard skeleton himself. Personally, I find it a little too masculine by itself to wear for my taste, but layer it with something a bit  sweeter and there is MAGIC to be had. I tried layering with Snooty Rose and have officially discovered my permanent perfume choice for meeting with vice presidents, rich donors, and members of board.

clean cologne, unisex leaning masculine. pepper and bergamot stick out at first but as time goes on more of the orange blossom comes out and it becomes a much brighter and fun scent. really lovely and interesting. almost smells like it should be a drink with alcohol in the best way. I did a group order with a friend and this was theirs but I had to decant off a tester because it smells so good on me! way different than my usual gourmands but the orange blossom satisfies that itch without being foodie. i need to get my partner to wear it to see how it smells on him.

this definitely evokes a feeling of Anticipation with the brightness and pepper

Edited by broccoliwitch

Anticipation opens as a quiet white pumpkin-and-black-pepper blend with an odd lilt of bergamot and orange blossom.

That last, the blossom, is a lighter touch than in many blends --- oftentimes orange blossom or neroli turns to orange lollipops on my skin, but that isn't happening here. The white pumpkin reminds me of the similarly soft white pumpkin notes sometimes found in Bath and Body Works candles, but a touch nicer (and more subtle).

As the blend dries, it turns cologne-like on me. I don't personally wear colognes well, but this had an interesting and delicate early phase.

The orange blossom and sandalwood reign supreme here. There's also a pickle vibe, mostly due to the sandalwood. In the end, the orange blossom here is just too much for me.

Opens with orange blossom and bergamot, which has this soapy quality to it and ends up with a roughed up sandalwooded pumpkin. Fun. Medium throw and wear length.

Opening "tickles the nose, like when you cut a pepper and you can tell that it's hot". That's probably the black pepper over the red sandalwood, making for a pretty sharp opening, but that lays down in minutes as the bergamot and and orange blossom come out. I don't usually get along with pumpkin but picked this up because of the above reviews, which talk about the pumpkin being minimal - and I'm glad I did, because neither I nor my second opinion noticed any at all on me. It's somewhere on the clean-masculine ends of the spectrum, but not aggressively so. I personally really like orange blossom, and it is fairly prominent (though not overwhelming) for most of the wear time, so I'm glad to have this spicy-woody-masc take on it.