Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Broomcorn and tallow, waxed pine wood, pumpkin seeds, orris root, oakmoss, dried fig, frankincense, ambrette seed, dragon’s blood ink, and a drop of cacao.

This is another one that needed some rest for me to really appreciate it!  I tried it right away (when I first got it) and smelled champagne for some reason.  

My problem is I'm not sure how to describe what I'm smelling.  It's very blended and there's not one note standing out strongly against the others.  I do smell the cocoa in the very beginning, and kind of ambery woods and orris maybe?  Eventually it's like a sweet perfumey/foody mix, some foody aspects but also ambrette, wood and orris.  Perfumey sweet grains?  Sweet ambery woods?  It smells really good and I am afraid I can't do it justice in this review.  I'm really not smelling oakmoss or frankincense. 

This makes me think of a few other bpal scents like Whoop!, Rickety Staircase, and Woman Dragging Her Aroused Lover a Bridge.  This may be the sleeper hit of my Halloweenies (the first batch, anyway..).   It's just really comfortable and easy for me to wear. 

Edited by forspecial_plate

This is one of those odd scent that doesn't smell anything like the listed notes. In the bottle, it's a mish mash of notes. On my skin, it's an imported Nepalese incense I used to buy at a head shop/ import store in my college days (way back when). Very specific. Kinda creepy. 

As it fades..... it fades. Nothing peeks out or comes forward. I wouldn't mind having more than my decant for nostalgia's sake, but not a full bottle. 

Edited by surlygurl
Edit: words

This one is tremendously lovely. I'm matching it against Witchecraft because I'm trying to tell myself I shouldn't FS both, but is that really true?

Immediately I get the same broomcorn note as Vigil for the Harvest Suitors from the Darla Teagarden line sitting on top and sweetening things up ever so gently. The pine wood is identifiable to me, as are the frankincense, oakmoss, and ambrette, but this is indeed a very well blended scent. There's not a ton of throw, but it's just so gorgeous. I would apply liberally and enjoy smelling like a cozy / slightly arcane kitchen. 

Smells like making/burning caramel corn on the stove then morph into like an old candle drawer that you open up and it’s all odds and ends of weird wax candles. Absolutely nothing like the description. 

Edited by Madame_mina