Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Red olibanum, scorched opoponax, 13-year aged myrrh oil, and champaca absolute.

A beautiful melange of resins. The olibanum is the one standing out the most, but oppoponax joins the party fast. So far it smells so good in a sweet resin fragrant way. After some time the myrrh comes in and it gives me Streets of Detroit vibes. A very bewitching scent, but i doubt this is how witchcraft incantations of yore would smell like.

Update: the champaca pops up in the end and morphs everything in some sort of a clean soap-like concoction. Champaca can sometimes smell like white musk/ soap bubbles on my skin.

Edited by theredkilt

I feel like there HAS to be liquorice in here!!! 

That's what it smells like to me, a dark liquorice insence/myrrh. It's very soft on my skin, almost unnoticeable unless i sniff up close.

looooove this, testing fresh from the mailbox so i am def looking forward to retesting when the bottle has had some time. already though this is a gorgeous blend. it has the vibe of “headshop” from the champaca but the other resins are very complimentary additions that give some weight to the blend without overtaking. into the drydown the champaca blends with the other notes, going beyond headshop filled with incense into a well blended almost cologne like scent. i tend to read masculine notes as neutral due to being a resin fan although i can see how others may find this masculine leaning. definitely a warm resinous scent. good throw from a small sample patch. looking forward to updating further into the drydown and as this gorgeous scent ages, i got two bottles based on that 13 year myrrh oil and omg i am so glad i did 🤤👀

The opening, in the bottle, is slightly sharp reddish incense resin. That’s usually my jam so I’m ready.

Very headshop. Heavy nose tickling resin. Definitely a little scorched, this is a hotter resin scent. I’m thankful for the champaca or this would be too dry for me.

I’d agree that there’s a slightly soapy feel to this. So slightly soapy, woody, reddish/hot resin.

Pretty but I definitely have so many scents like this. I think I’d almost prefer this to be a little more champaca forward.