Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Golden neroli, blackcurrant, candied pomegranate, gilded rosewood, smoldering incense resin, and rose musk.

This bottle is still fairly fresh obviously, and in the bottle and wet on skin it’s got LOTS of neroli straight away. It’s almost spicy smelling! The rose musk and rosewood are lending some dryness to this scent, so much so I’m unable to pick out any candied pomegranate. Neroli fans will want to seek this one out, though for my part I’m going to tuck this away for a bit and see if the floral mellows out a tad.

Got this hoping for a fruity floral, but it's 95% just floral. I agree that fans of neroli will definitely like this, this is mostly a big bouquet of nerolis as the protagonist, with rose buoying it up. And this is more of a greenish rose than a rose in bloom. As someone who likes florals, this is very gorgeous, with a shocking resemblance to the label art. It really does make me feel like I'm sitting by a set of bay windows, opening out to a garden, mixing flowers and herbs.

Wasn't sure what to expect cause i don't know if i'm familiar with neroli or pomegranate, and it's a scent i find incredibly hard to describe. 
It's got a lot going on, it's complex, but there's a very dusty quality to it. The reason it's so odd to me personally is that i know this from my childhood, but i have no clue in hell what or where from. Also not sure if it's a good or a bad thing, lol. 

It goes slightly more fruity on my skin, while it's strongly the insence and rose and in the bottle. The "dust" note is still there, though. All in all a very very (surprisingly) soft scent. I can imagine this'd be perfect for spring/summer!

In the bottle this was very much neroli with a sappy greeness to it. On my skin it's more incensey and perfumery, in particular I get the rose musk. The wood comes out a bit more as it dries (pretty sure I get sandalwood too). It's *almost* dusty. Makes me think of a gorgeous wood-panelled study with lots of incense sitting around, and little bottles of fine oils about. 

Ahhh neroli! I have never really known what neroli smelled like. I know it’s in so many perfumes but now that I know it’s front and center I know what it is.

The neroli mixing with the dark fruits and incense with the slight powdered rose is creating a super high end fragrance. It’s beautifully classic/vintage.

This one starts off potent! Like bam, in your face, somethingggg I can’t put my finger on. I think it’s the gilded part of the gilded rosewood, actually. It doesn’t quite smell metallic, but like a sharp gold note. I can definitely smell the neroli peaking out. The rest of the fruity notes blend together as one. And once again the rose musk is ground everything. I’m not getting a whole lot of incense notes. This one packs a pinch upon first application, but settles down quite fast. It’s pretty, but I think it’s slightly too candied for my tastes.