Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I'm really digging this. It smells like the concept of gray silk to me; very smooth and cool and sheer. The smoked ambergris is not "smoky" in a woodsmoke way. It's serene and gauzy and reminds me a bit of the stony concrete note in Summer Rain; it isn't as sweet as the ambergris in say Lyonesse. I think the incense note might be sandalwood or myrrh? But it's very light and I notice the cotton more. I'm also not picking out the herbs as anything very distinguishable, but maybe there's white sage here?

Overall, this is not a sweet nor a dark scent. Good throw. It veers a little toward clean-laundry smell, like fresh clean sheets in a cool breeze, so people sensitive to dryer sheet vibes might not be into it. But I'm in love with its silky, airy texture. It's the scent equivalent of putting on a transparent, silvery silk scarf on a crisp fall evening. 

In the bottle I get cotton with a light, clean edge to it but quickly dirtied it up by soft sweet incense. It reminds me of the incense blend in All Souls. Ambergris drapes around all of this with a musky, salty fog. On my skin it smells quite the same as in the bottle, but a bit warmer and it has more depth. Less clean. I want to say there's a light wood note, but I can't really pin it. Maybe it's the herbs? I agree with the above, it's definitely a sheer and cool scent, giving the effect of gray silk. 

I was lured in by the idea of smoked ambergris and grey silk, but sadly this is straight up "laundry soap" on me. Clean, slightly lemony cotton. Not at all what I had hoped for. It's not bad, in any way, and if you're looking for a clean scent this would be perfect, but for me this was just not what I wanted. Ah well, you win some, you lose some. 

this one starts with a laundry detergent aspect mixed with slightly indolic florals...maybe that's some kind of herb? no idea. whatever it is it fades fast. i don't get ambergris as far as i can tell. i think it's all cotton and herbs. very fresh smelling, if you enjoy that kind of thing, but it's not for me.

Edited by theseagrows

Yeah, I have to echo all of the reviewers who got laundry/linen from this. Because it is laundry, laundry, LAUNDRY, with a slight smoke and dryer sheet-like incense note that appears after several hours of wear with a little musky ambergris that helps smooth over the scent.

If I keep this, it will only be to scent wool dryer balls and not to use as a perfume of the day. I was so hoping for more ambergris and something akin to Summer Rain. Alas.