Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Auburn amber, polished wood, dribbles of golden honey, a cascade of budding herbs, red sandalwood, and sugared white amber.

i was lured here by the siren call of sugared amber and honeyed woods, but i should have payed more heed to the budding herbs.  this is dominated by some clean herby floral that goes very soapy on me.  alas! 

i only received this yesterday, so i will give it some time to mesh, and update if anything changes. 

Testing this one today, and this reads with fresh-cut, dew-kissed spicy roses with their stems peeking through the ambery warmth, but there aren't roses in the notes. "Budding herbs," maybe? The rose-esque note isn't dominating, and the stem or herbaceous quality makes it feel very real, like it came from this Sorcière's garden.

The honey comes up as this warms on the skin and melds so nicely with the amber, but the honey isn't dominating, either. It evokes the image of the Sorcière with a bundle of budding, dewy roses and herbs, spinning in a spiral dance with clouds of amber and honey around her.

I don't find the sandalwood or polished wood until I take a deep inhale from my skin. I think a more normal everyday application (vs my test drop or two) would help bring that forward (on me).

Edited by elissamay

Freshly applied, La Danse is a cloud of sweet, sugared and honeyed ambers on me… with a nuanced, indeterminate background.

But before long, I too seem to notice an unlisted pinkish rose. The gleam-polished woods also peek out in drydown, and the early notes fade. This has gone from sugared honey amber in its early phase to woods rose in its midlife. Quite a midlife change, but not a crisis.

I liked the sugary opening. I don’t need a woods rose blend, though, so I will need to pass on a bottle.

This one is mostly about the herbs on me (somewhat soapy herbs that are giving me aquatic vibes, and maybe some secret moss) and a high-pitched amber. I wish the honey were present on me to help sweeten up the scent. Alas. This is just too clean and high-pitched on me.

Edited by doomsday_disco

I find myself reaching for this one again and again in these dark, cold days. On me, it is all the about the honey, amber, and polished wood. It is smooth, warm, glowing, and quite sweet without being cloying. Thanks to impressive longevity, it keeps me in a happy, cozy mood for hours. I am sad to think that one day I will run out of this beautiful perfume. Perhaps a backup bottle is in order.

Scents with honey and wood notes are among my favourites, and this doesn't disappoint. It has the added complexity of something smoky or maybe incensey would be a better word, and I can't quite pinpoint it, but it's lovely. I really love red sandalwood, but I can't really detect it here, I just get general woody notes, and a sticky floral honey note, along with a whiff of something smoky. I really like it. It feels like late summer, reddish sunsets, a faint whiff of bonfire smoke in the distance. Glad I got this one. 

Lots of baby powdery amber mixed with dark, slightly bitter rosewood.  A hint of honey trying to sweeten things up, but it's not sweet enough for me and I'm not a fan of powdery scents, so this isn't working for me.

Edited by Little Bird