Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Lightning Strikes Literature

The incendiary moment when a human hand snatches fire from the gods of creativity and channels it onto the page: a lightning storm stirred with beeswax candle smoke, yellowing notebooks, and pools of India ink.

Lightning Strikes Literature is primarily rain-touched ozone, sweet beeswax, and notebooks on me. The notebook pages really do smell like the yellowed pages of an old notebook. The ink isn't distinct on me, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were lurking in the background, adding to this whole atmospheric mood. The ozone is the strongest note on me throughout wear, and it does threaten to go dryer sheet at one point, although I get more rain with the ozone over time. I really enjoy how the beeswax keeps it in check and adds a welcome sweetness to the scent. And I love that the notebooks don't have any leather!

If you don't like ozone, this probably won't be your thing, but if you like beeswax and bookish scents and aren't averse to ozone, you should definitely give this one a try. I think the scent really fits the name, and I think it would be fun to wear on a stormy night, or as a sleep scent. :) 

Edited by doomsday_disco

This blind-bottle was risky, since I don't know if I've ever tried the Lab's lightning scents or had much experience with the ozone note, but I really wanted to try it for the story inspiration, and the gamble paid off!

On my skin, this one started out very light and subtle, then deepened as it dried. At first, just a light, bright flash that I can't really describe, maybe a slight citrusy feeling with a hint of freshly washed fabric in the background. Then, soft thunder rolls in as I pick up the sweet beeswax and the ink, which always reads as a subtle white floral to my nose. The dry warm paper note is lovely as always and rounds out a beautiful light scent. It truly evokes writing a horror story longhand during an evening storm, I absolutely love this one!

This is a pretty, semi-powdery ozone with a mild, natural beeswax and aged yellow paper.

The ozone begins fresh but fairly quickly shifts more and more powdery --- and dryer sheety --- as the blend dries.

Lovely atmospheric blend that just unfortunately becomes too particulate on my skin.

Beeswax honey sweet deliciousness. A light citrus hint? I’m not sure what ozone smells like so I can’t comment on that, but there’s almost an atmospheric bitterness?