Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Poolside Perfume

Blooming peonies, Moroccan jasmine, vanilla tea, and lavender reflected in a glimmer of blue musk.

In the bottle, Poolside is all gorgeous slinky florals, with peony and jasmine intertwined. On my skin, the blue musk pops out, and the lavender and vanilla tea attempt to do the same. Like they poke their heads out from behind the curtains to say "Hi!" and then disappear. :lol:

Dry on my skin, it's a pleasantly (surprisingly!) subtle floral musk - subtle in that it has a distinct floral character but not a ton of throw. The jasmine is of the higher-pitched (not indolic) variety imo, so it sits on top of the scent but thankfully doesn't scream to high heavens. 

Eta: One year later the vanilla tea is really popping out! This is a sweeter, more youthful perfume today than it was when I first smelled it. And I'm still so pleased with how the jasmine plays nice with the other notes.

Edited by LavenderCoffee

Jasmine, as she tends to do, grabs all the attention at this pool. She's draped in an open-weave beach wrap of blue musk, and wearing a swimsuit with a few shy peonies on it --- as if that has anything to do with her nature. She's rather shrill, but thankfully not indolic. (No pee in the pool.)

With a little hunting, I find the vanilla tea, but lavender didn't make the party.

This is a cool-toned jasmine musk for jasmine lovers.

JASMINE. it reminds me of the kind of jasmine in Lush’s Lust perfume. as it dries the sweetness of tea and a bit of lavender and the peonies comes out more. this is a fantastic, non oppressive floral. i can’t quite pick out the blue musk but there is definitely a quality to it that makes me think of swimming in a pool on a hot night, especially out of the bottle. also i think this confirms that i do in fact like jasmine. so if you’re a jasmine fan, this will probably be a win. i though this would be my least favorite from the bottle sniff but i foresee this aging well and im considering a backup bottle…

side note: this reminds me A LOT of the GC Twilight but my bottle is barely a day old so that may change with time.

Very strong jasmine, but definately getting the setting this is going for. The rest of the notes compliment it nicely with a blue tinge. The jasmine amps on me as usual though, so it feels more like a single note on my skin, but it is very pretty.

Poolside was mostly about the floral notes on me. I got a ton of peony and jasmine, with the jasmine gaining strength with wear, and the blue musk joining in so that I was like, "Where is that smell of floral soap coming from???" Welp, it was me.

I so wish I had gotten some of the vanilla tea and lavender in the description. Alas.

A very pretty jasmine perfume! The jasmine and peonies are forward, backed by sweet vanilla and hint of lavender. I really like this, though it's similar to a few other scents I already have bottles of (like I Sit and Sew, for example) . . . I will certainly at least keep my decant.

Initial Thoughts: I love jasmine and lavender. I love vanilla tea. Blue musk usually doesn't amp on me like darker musks do. I think peony works for me in some of the Shungas I've tried.

In the Bottle: Very floral and somehow a touch aquatic.

Wet on Skin: A very strong burst of jasmine and then lavender joins in with just a hint of tea.

Drydown: Things warm up as the musk kicks in, softening the sharpness of the jasmine and lavender. I'm not getting much from the vanilla tea.

20 Minutes Later: Finally the vanilla tea shows up and adds a layer of sweetness to the whole thing. A gentle, jasmine-y floral musk.

Verdict: It took a little while to get there, but I like the end result a lot.

This one evokes a feeling more than anything. I mean, don’t get me wrong, the florals really shine through as the dominant note. But dang.. I feel like I’m instantly transported. It’s summer, a swelteringly hot day followed by a warm summer night. For me, the jasmine is more prominent than the peony. But that could be because I’m much more familiar with the jasmine note. The lavender is present, but not overpowering. And there’s a background umpf to it that has to be the blue musk. I’m not getting much vanilla tea. I admittedly haven’t worn this one much, but it’s going to be absolutely divine in the summer. It’s really heartbreakingly beautiful.

Blue musk, jasmine and whiff of other florals. I get a ton of blue musk, so this ends up being a somewhat melancholic floral type. Medium throw and wear length.

This is nice! Starts out heavy on the jasmine, but at each stage after it got prettier and prettier with the musk. I didnt find it aquatic or like laundry, but it does have a night blooming floral + blue vibe. It's a nice, smooth jasmine musk to me, I reckon the vanilla helps smooth and deepen things out, but I honestly forgot that vanilla tea was a note.

Although there is no rose, the jasmine and night time vibe reminds me of this quote in the film Interview with the Vampire:

In the spring of 1988, I returned to New Orleans, and as soon as I smelled the air, I knew I was home. It was rich, almost sweet, like the scent of jasmine and roses around our old courtyard. I walked the streets, savoring that long lost perfume.

If you missed this one, it's very similar to a really good Night Queen or Queen of The Night blend you can find at Renn Faires, metaphysical shops, or online gothic shops, so although not the most novel, unusual, or hard to find fragrance, it is very lovely and definitely a keeper. Perfect for date night.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak