Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Dad! Let Me Do Your Make Up

this is VERY perfume-y on me - i am assuming the earl grey is the blame for that. i was hoping the marshmallow / cream would be at the forefront, but alas i don’t get them at all. i have seen others say they get more of the other notes, so i think this is just a skin chemistry issue for me amping the earl grey!

Dad Makeup throws out soft clouds of Earl Grey-like bergamot perfume when freshly applied on me. The clouds drift forward over a backdrop of skin-soft, slightly creamy honey; after a moment, I can find the marshmallow as well, also lingering close to the skin.

The dried scent chills out on the perfume thing. By then, the blend somehow instead gives off a mellow, clean vibe. It smells like I'm a half-hour out of the shower, all dried off but still carrying traces of some pretty, mildly creamy vanilla (and slightly bergamot-herbal) shower gel.

I like it.

I definitely get the Earl Grey upfront! The marshmallow is pretty straight up on me as well. Don't get any of the honey or cream specifically, but this whole blend *feels* sweet and creamy, if that makes sense. 

Overall, creamy, sugary cup of Earl Grey tea. I absolutely love it. I'll probably be digging through sales and swap posts for a backup. 

In the bottle: Clean, citrusy tea and a little bit of something creamy-sweet.

Wet on my skin: This goes on as basically a true-to-life but also perfumey Earl Grey tea. It's bergamot-heavy and the sweeter, creamier notes take a minute to come out. 

Dry: For the first few days I had this, the honey, cream, and marshmallows were the strongest notes, with just a bit of citrusy tea. Now that it's had a couple weeks to sit, the Earl Grey tea is the strongest note! As it wears, the tea starts to fade and I get more of primarily the toasted marshmallow, with the honey and cream adding some light, smooth sweetness. Eventually, after a few hours, it smells noticeably like Lucky Charms marshmallows. It's definitely the bigger morpher out of all the Liliths I bought this time around, but I like all the stages. It has sort of a "classy classic with a twist" feel to it for the first couple of hours, and then turns into something more cute and playful. As I suspected it might be, it's fairly perfumey, and like a lot of tea-based scents, it fades fairly quickly on my thirsty skin. Lasts ~3-4 hours before all I get is a faint whiff of sweet cereal milk, and then it's gone an hour after that. I can see this one getting a lot of use in the spring, and maybe it'll last longer when there is more humidity in the air! 

This is honestly probably the most realistic earl grey I've smelled in a perfume, but it's more like smelling grassy earl grey tea leaves than a steaming cup of milky tea. There's something about the tea note that is dry and leafy. The other notes combine to smell like fluffy honeyed vanilla tea cakes to me. It's really nice for an autumn day.

first test fresh from the mail: mostly getting cream and honey. maybe a bit of marshmallows. this is a very gentle scent that reminds me of a body wash without being soapy. it’s really lovely and sleepy. i'm not getting much tea but there is a powdery/waxy quality to the scent that makes me think of makeup products. i almost wish it was a hair gloss or bath oil.

now that it's been some weeks later I get a lot more of a fresh bergamot tea and marshmallows, like the lime flavored one's my mom would get around easter. i really love this one!

Well-rested test, two weeks out of the mail.

In the bottle: sharp, smoky, almost stinging tea note with some of the bergamot behind; a touch of the toasted scent (at this point, the sharpness worried me)

Wet: Tea still rules, bergamot’s citrussy note expands, sweet toastiness rises; the gradual unfolding of a sweeter scent, like cream slowly stirred into the tea

Dry: Bright strong bergamot runs the show; hints of cream and toastiness

In the end, it's like a vanilla Earl Grey tea -- the sharpish tea smell and the bergamot linger most, but sweetened.

Normally I amp sweet scents and vanilla, so I expected the marshmallow and honey to take over. it's interesting to have a perfume stay with the drier, more herbal notes instead.

ETA: I find the sharp tea note very "sticky" on me -- it lasts long after everything else has faded.

Edited by radiantfracture

I get a ton of somewhat perfume-y Earl Grey, with a tannic tea note and strong bergamot (stronger bergamot than in the Earl Grey trio from this year, but I believe it is the same tea note), backed by the honeyed marshmallow, which becomes more noticeable and floofy over time, yet never manages to overtake the Earl Grey. Sometimes cream notes turn to butter on my skin, but I didn't have a problem with that here.

I don't think this is a scent that I need more of, but I'll probably hang onto my decant to see how it ages.

For me this scent is incredibly sweet, overpoweringly so. I'm not sure if it's the marshmallow or cream that makes it so sweet, but I don't get any hints of earl grey at all. This is the only bpal so far in my limited collection I can't wear because it gives me a scent based migraine 😫 I'm going to hang onto it though and maybe see if it eventually calms down enough to wear.

Edit:1/4/23 it never really calmed down enough for me to wear. It stayed overly sweet and perfume-y and migraine inducing so I ended up letting go of the scent 🙃 I guess bpal earl grey notes just don't work for me.

Edited by ArtemisSelene
update

this is lovely, creamy and sweet. the perfumey version of earl grey tea, which i find to be a soft bergamot with a touch of an almost licorice-y tea note. i can't track any honey distinctly, just generalized sweetness.  very soft in feel, but not light in throw.  like being wreathed in a sweet, fluffy cloud of earl grey.  

i find it somewhat similar to the brown sugar/cream/earl grey trio, so i did a comparison.  this one definitely comes off as creamier and sweeter, whereas the trio pops more of a brighter citrus tone. they're similar enough that i will probably skip a bottle of this one, but it's actually my favorite of the two. 

I'm enjoying this one more than I thought I would. It begins with a lemony floofy marshmallow and settles into a somewhat dry tea scent with some sweetness around the edges. Not getting much honey or cream, but still quite nice. 

This was almost pure earl gray tea on me. Lot of bergamot, I can't pick out the other notes, but the tea, honey, and cream mellow out the bergamot and overall takes the scent to a sweet musk place. In my opinion, this almost doesn't smell foodie. I'd describe it more as earl gray/bergamot musk. This was a surprise favorite for me.

Definitely a very perfume-y tea scent, as described. I don't actually get much smell on the drydown when I sniff my skin, but I keep getting wafts of very cologne type cream and tea. It's actually pretty nice, although not what I expected. There was some citrus when wet but I'm not getting anything dry. This will probably be a keeper, but has enough volume to the high notes that it won't be a scent I can wear with a headache.

Ok this is not at all what I expected! I don't mean that in a bad way, because the scent is absolutely gorgeous on my skin. But I get a very glamorous perfume that is not quite floral, not quite gourmet, but all sophisticated. I cannot honestly smell any of the individual notes, and nothing at all like tea, but the sum of these notes is elegant and glamorous. I am going to save this decant for my next date night! Lovely!

Interesting one, starts as a "very grown up" perfume but then gets more playful as it dries down.  In the bottle:  A blast of Earl Grey tea.  On, wet:  The other notes start to peek out, with toasty marshmallow leading the way.  It all dries down to a fun, somewhat sweet toasty thing with hints of the bergamot from the Earl Grey popping up here and there.  Would definitely layer it with other creamy or cakey gourmands for a virtual tea party on my body!

First impression - it’s all tea, which is a little odd to smell on my skin.  It’s not a tea scented perfume, it’s actual tea.  After about 10 minutes, the honey joins in, and I think the marshmallows are sweetening it some too.  A couple hours in, the tea is still the dominant scent, but the honey and cream are in there, and I can actually smell marshmallow, not just the usual sweetening I usually get from it.  As it sits, the throw seems to actually be getting stronger.  At 1-2 hours, there wasn’t much of a throw at all, but 3+ hours later, it’s a soft wafting scent I can smell as I’m sitting here, and it’s really pretty.

This is a fresh clean sugar musk, but the vibe of this is so sweet and soft. I found this the most touching of the Fatherhood 2022 blends. This was just love, love, love, as a perfume. Medium throw and wear length.

tldr, if you ever wanted a father's unconditional love and are happy to buy it, just use this.

Straight out of the mail, so Will update when it's been well rested:

This one is. Interesting?  It comes on VERY strong. I used a TEEENY drop of it, and it was just overwhelming everything. In it's initial stage it reminds me SO terribly much of delina exclusif, by perfumes de marly (a nearly FOUR HUNDRED dollar perfume) and when I compare the notes, it makes a lot of sense. marshmallow, tea, lots of people getting bergamot. I wish I got more marshmallow and cream from it, but I actually love the earl grey note in this. When It dries it's no longer overly expensive godawful commercial perfume, it's a lot more subdued and the earl grey stops screaming at you. At this stage, the marshmallow and cream do emerge a little more. My final verdict is that I adore it, and I do agree with @zankoku_zen this perfume is definitely pure love as a scent.

EDIT: Man man man MAN i’m so happy no one snagged this from me when i had it up for sale! The bergamot settles down with rest, and it reveals a really fresh bright tea note, rounded out by truly toasted marshmallow. Oh my god, I put this on and just could not stop sniffing myself. This one is so perfect 

Edited by Weirdgirlpilled

Wet: A cloud of earl grey tea. 

Dry: Earl grey with a touch of sweetness - who knows from either honey/cream/marshmallow. An earl grey hug.

Light, comforting earl grey tea scent.

I really enjoyed most of the 2022 Lilith series, but if I had to pick a top 3, it would be Oda a la Luz Encantada, Luceat, and this one.  Dad! smells (appropriately) like it could be in the same scent family as Dorian and Paper Phoenix.  The sweet vanilla tea with a touch of lemon is so reminiscent of Paper Phoenix, but the floofy, strong marshmallow and hint of honey cream in this are just wonderful to me.  I love the scent of marshmallows and this is like huffing a bag of mallows or dumping a whole bag of them into a cup of tea at the Mad Tea Party.

A fun, joyful scent.

I was hesitant because other Earl Grey blends/tea musks (think the Dorian/Theodosius family) haven't really worked on me, but I'm glad I took a chance on this one! On me, it's true to life Earl Grey with creamer with a hint of sweetness, and not overpoweringly so. I'd like to dig this out again when the weather cools down for maximum coziness!