Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A cluster of sugared carnations with strawberry juice, sweet patchouli, and lush red labdanum.

This is, basically, strawberry scented incense. There's no floral aspect that I can detect at all, the patchouli is there but very gentle, the labdanum is not fizzy, and the strawberry is more  jammy than fresh, but it doesn't smell artificial and it's not too sweet. I kinda like it.

This is a fab fruitchouli, the strawberry isn't lollipop-like, it's reminiscent of strawberry wine. The red labdanum reads as a dark plummy sangria to my nose? Boozy without being sharp. Magnificent! Taking the playful, fruity notes and adding a grounding, darker element as BPAL does so well. The patchouli is present, not abrasive but tender, adding a chewy, gooey texture to the scent. The patchouli smells differently than in Spoopy Kid, the honeysuckle in Spoopy Kid makes it slightly headier, almost floaty. I'm having difficulty reading the sugared carnations, the scent is neither floral nor spicy at this point. It's red and jammy, earthy and stable. I'm so happy to have this in my Lilith collection and can see myself wearing this year-round! Definitely looking forward to watching this grow richer with time. ❤️ 

I'm definitely getting the carnations in this, but in combination with strawberry and labdanum, they almost come across as bubblegummy, and not in a bad way. I'm getting more of the labdanum than the patch, and while the strawberry certainly sings out when freshly applied, it fades on my skin fairly quickly. It goes from straight up strawberry to strawberry scented carnation. This is a perfect scent for the story attached to it, a somewhat bittersweet memory of dad and kiddo time. 

Oh this one is fun, it is juicy sweet strawberry carnations! It also fades pretty fast for me too, which is sad because that wet phase is delicious. There's also like a rooty-honeyish thing happening (labdanum? Idk), and a very light menthol that comes out and I don't know where that's coming from. Hanging on to my decant to retest after some time. 

My favorite of the 2022 Liliths that I sampled! “Spoopy Kid” comes close because it’s also a patchouli blend and my nostalgic little hippie heart loves those. But here the combination of patchouli and strawberry is just incredible! Sticky and sweet and syrupy and so fantastic. These two notes just compliment each other so well. Are there carnations and labdanum as well? Maybe! I don’t know! I’m obsessed with PATCHOULI + STRAWBERRY 4-EVA!!

Strawberry is not my usual jam, but every other note here is a winner, and I was curious. A Portrait is a really fun, sweet, upbeat scent. It was all strawberry at first, and then the sugared patch emerged, reminding me of Bears of Berlin. I get some syrupy labdanum but really couldn’t make out much in the way of carnation. So lots of sweet burstingly ripe strawberry with sweet patch, and it lasts a long time on me. I can’t imagine wanting to wear this innocent a scent often, but I ought to — it feels like a good counterweight to nihilism. 

Realistic tangy strawberry and spicy carnations really come out when wet, with earthy patchouli playing a supporting role. The red labdanum adds a sharp, almost astringent quality at first, but it mellows out as this one dries and warms. A mature fun scent; not too sweet and silly, but it's having a great time.

Finally testing my well-rested decant. Oh wow! This is strawberry! And then the patchouli.... What a lovely strawberry incense scent! I typically avoid strawberry, but this is not a fake or plastic strawberry, it's a realistic juicy berry. Seriously good, and unexpected. I will enjoy wearing this decant. Seems to have decent throw and longevity, too.

I'm still finding my way around strawberry. Realizing the carnation + strawberry combo is the unique version here, just like a stick of incense, as others have mentioned. The strawberry stuck around longer than fruity versions do, which was nice, eventually shifting to a strawberry cola - more woody, less floral. It's pretty far out of my usual wardrobe, and I'm surprised how much I liked it!

Carnation incense + strawberry juice. This smells fruit and soft, but cozy. Medium throw and wear length.

In the bottle: Strawberries and dirty patchouli.

Wet: Now I'm getting the juice in "strawberry juice" supported by a slightly less dirt-smelling patchouli.

Dry: Syrupy strawberry juice, patchouli, and a bit of spicy carnation. I have other strawberry BPALs but this is the only one that smells like the farmer's-market-fresh macerated strawberries my Tia makes as the base for her strawberry lemonade. This is ridiculous, I love it! Bane would approve.