Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Teenagering

Spicy pink roses, an explosion of pink carnations, and squished sugar cookies.

I get a ton of pink carnation from this in the bottle and on my skin as well. I'm not surprised it stays that way on me, as I sometimes amp carnation notes. The carnation here is spicier than the pink carnation found in High-Strung Daisies, and there's never any point where the rose gets to be louder than the carnation on me. The sugar cookie note doesn't really get a chance to shine on my skin -- there's a light sweetness behind the spicy carnation, but it doesn't make me think of sugar cookies. It's definitely not the same sugar cookie note as the Sugar Cookie + GC scents from last year's Yule update, though.

I'm going to put this away for a month and see if the sugar cookie comes out more as it settles. I'd really love MORE COOKIE -- but this scent certainly fits its pink inspiration!

I knew on 1st bottle sniff that this wasa a love for me!

It's spicy, floral, sweet, and buttery. Although, the buttery bit isn't overwhelming--as it can be on me, offers more of an unctuous background for the other notes to rest on. The spicy and floral notes are really where it's at and in that regard it smells very high end and luxurious.

For those who hate rose, not to worry. The rose here is barely noticeable, it's really all about the spicy carnations.

10/10, Will definitely hold onto this one!

Oh. My. God!  💗 It's feisty pink in the coziest way, I agree with the previous reviewers stating it doesn't feel like the snickerdoodle-y sugar cookie from last years Yules. The rose is more akin to a soft mist of ethereal rosewater, the kind you find in Middle Eastern desserts. The pink carnation is the sassy deity here, full petaled, peak clove-y levels of spice, plushy textured. The squished sugar cookie is reminiscent of sweet warmth that hits you when you open the oven and the cookies are ready. Specifically the warm fumes, not the crispy edges or the gooey centers. Disclaimer: I ADORE carnations, this feels almost like a single note. Less blunt, more luscious. Category: Spicy Flormand, more spicy than floral, more floral than sugary. 

I almost passed on this one because I already have Sugar Cookie Peacock Queen and a lot of carnation scents. I'm really glad I got it anyway! First on, it's sweet and vanillic, almost bubblegummy. Then the sugar and spice come out, glorious clove-like pink carnation, backed by silky pink rose petals. I'd definitely recommend this for fans of Alice and High-Strung Daisies, and I like this better than both! 

I almost passed on this one, which would have been a fail. Lots of lightly spiced carnation with a mist of rosewater and a background of sweet, creamy, buttery warmth. On me the notes are all perfectly balanced. And wow is this carnation note equisite. Overall the scent is a little girly, but also very grown up, and fits the title perfectly. Very pink but in a grown up way. 

first test fresh from the mail: starts out very sweet, wet on skin. all i can really pick out are the sugar cookies. the cookies are soft but not buttery, like lofthouse cookies with the frosting. as it dries more spicy carnation comes out. i don't get much rose but i'm hoping for more with time. this is definitely different enough from Alice that you can own both. i thought this would be a gentler scent based on notes but this is in your face pink and sweet. medium throw. this may end up being a good layering scent. i could see this being a good hair gloss. this is also growing on me more with age, it's becoming a little less sweet and a little more spicy and i can see myself reaching for this a lot come winter.

SO GOOD

I have been waiting on a chonk to be shipped to me, but caved and grabbed a full bottle in the meantime. Totally worth it. A spiced sugar cookie, but spiced with lovely carnation. Simple and unique.
I don’t get rose, yet, but maybe it’ll come out more with some aging? If not, I’m not mad. 

I’ll be wearing this spicy sweetie a lot. :heart:

Spicy pink carnation blended with a general “baked goods” background. Like I can’t really discern that it’s sugar cookies. Nor am I getting any rose. It’s perfectly nice but I have hoarded an old Pink Moon that’s sugared carnation (07?) that’s lasted me forever and is my One True Carnation. So this one’s off to swaps.

I almost didn't grab this one because rose doesn't always work for me, but I love sugar and spice, and the reviews were tempting, so I gave in! And I'm glad I did. It's a spicy-sweet, warm pink scent - not very heavily rose, really well blended, lots of warm buttery sugar cookies and carnation spice. The Lofthouse cookies mention up-thread is spot-on; it's that soft fluffy pale sugar cookie, definitely *not* the snickerdoodle vibe that the Lab's Sugar Cookie often has!

Big initial throw, but now it's dwindled down a lot, though I also didn't put very much on, because it does go on big! Oddly, or maybe not oddly, I feel like it's a good winter holiday scent: cookies & carnations!

Wet: Spicy carnation and baked goods! (Not reading as a "sugar cookie" to me, but definitely something baked and sweet.)

Dry: The carnation has taken over the blend. Not getting anything distinctly rose. Much like some other reviewers, I wish the cookie (or baked goods) scent was stronger!