Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Oda a la Luz Encantada

Moroccan amber, sweet cream, lavender mist, Roman chamomile, golden musk, and pear blossoms.

This is my favorite of the Liliths this year. It's a bright, happy, and fresh floral, definitely golden as the description says. There was a camphoric aspect to the lavender and chamomile that seems to have settled down in the few days since I got the box. The lavender is there, but the chamomile is definitely the stronger note. The cream, amber, and pear blossoms wash through the whole scent and give it warmth. It's really lovely.

Sweet, soft pear opening over a bed of musky, sweet amber. The lavender is hard for me to find as an individual note. It seems to blend with the chamomile to add a breezy (read: faint) floral overlay. Cream can go weird on me, but this is a very subtle cream to my nose. I definitely get an added sweetness, but it doesn't read as gourmand.

This is a warm and golden scent, a glowing sweetness. As it dries down, a perfumey edge emerges.

9/10 for me. Losing a point because I wanted a more prominent lavender.

An unexpected beauty.

I haven't been as often into musk blends, but this one reads as fresh and lovely. Soft, misty lavender and pear float over amber cream, dreamy and somehow almost clean in their freshness. The mistiness combines with the herbal chamomile, lavender and pear to bring a spa-like vibe that I'm more or less in love with.

The musk gives this blend more staying power while not interfering too much with the serene spa atmosphere.

Enjoying this one.

Oh wow this is pretty! This has a conventional high end perfume vibe the same way Ava and Awake do. The amber is prominent but complex, not too floral, and not too creamy/milky really. 

I love the opening and the drydown throw on this especially, however when I get in close I get a tiny bit of the acridity I get from many conventional blends (unfortunate covid thing, YMMV, my nose does this with some of the highest rated perfumes out there, so don't let this sway you ;)). I'll probably stick with Ava and Awake personally, but will try this in a locket and layer with lotion and still recommend this highly! ❤️

Seeing notes like lavender, chamomile and sweet cream, I imagined I had blind bottled a snuggly scent, something cozy to lounge in, to wind down from a gnarly day. Oda A La Luz Encantada isn't quite what I had pictured AT ALL, but not in a bad way! This is a wake up and beat-the-blahs-while-looking-magically-put-together-somehow kind of scent. There's an almost sparkly citrus-like clean feel to it, the "enchanted light" element that makes it smell invigorating. Could these be pear blossoms pairing up with lavender and chamomile to provide some kind of floral/herbal jolt? The notes are all so thoroughly well-blended it's difficult to say, however it does have a high-end perfume vibe. This could be either a day or night scent, depending on your wardrobe styling, so extra points for versatility. The "beam of light" component has softened since I received it, my favorite part is the golden musk+amber underneath the more "wake up, kick ass" facets. The drydown is absolutely magical, this is the kind of scent you wear to run errands semi-hoping you run into someone you know because it smells sophisticated without trying too hard. Verdict: it was my least favorite of my Lilith's fresh from the mailbox, but is now a keeper  

Translation of the Pablo Neruda poem to English for non Spanish speakers below:

Ode to enchanted light

Under the trees light
has dropped from the top of the sky,
light
like a green
latticework of branches,
shining
on every leaf,
drifting down like clean
white sand.

A cicada sends
its sawing song
high into the empty air.

The world is
a glass overflowing
with water.

Edited by MonBon

citrus, clean, and pretty. really lovey and perfumey but not quite my speed. it has an effervescent "spa" quality to it that is really nice. i could see myself wearing this in the spring but i have other similar scents so i don't need it.

On me, this starts out quite herbal with the chamomile and lavender leading the way. After a little while of wear time I can smell the cream and pear blossom, they merge with the chamomile and soften the scent. 

My impressions are that this is a happy, youthful, spring like scent. It reminds me of scents from when I was a teenager myself. I agree with others, that this does have a perfumey edge. But, It's one of those scents that's perfect for any occasion and season. I've worn it quite a lot since it arrived. 

Edited by becca_s

I get lots of pear blossom, amber, and lavender at first, backed by the chamomile and musk. The pear blossom remains a main player throughout wear on me, and the amber in this is somewhat high-pitched and perfume-y, like in scents like Alleviate the Frenzy and My Wise Beauty. The musk is a main player as well and may be amplifying that affect. The lavender is short-lived on me, and I didn't get any sweet cream until the end of the day, but it has gone buttery on me, alas.

I was really hoping for more lavender and chamomile from this, but I think it is worth a try if pear blossom appeals and you enjoy this sort of amber.

I don't get any lavender or chamomile, but those were the notes I was least excited for, so it suits me.  This actually reminds me of Pediophobia quite a lot for some reason, which is one of my all time favorite bpal fragrances. It smells like amber somehow whipped into pink cotton candy with creamy vanilla and warm, perfumey musk and a youthful fruity-floral tone from the pear blossom.  Complex, cheerful and lovely.  One of the bottles I'm considering backups of currently.

I'm getting timeless, classic perfume vibes like everyone else. So pretty, fresh and easygoing with just a hint of spice from the herby chamomile. It smells exactly like the poem @MonBon posted above. Beautiful. It's special and ultra femme without being sweet. I want to cover my clothes with this, my scarves. It definitely reminds me so much of one of my beloved linen sprays I wish I could more of, "A Joyful Scene of Merriment and Pleasure". The sillage stays pretty close to the skin, but still noticeable as I move creating a cool and casual ambience. 

Ugh this is beautiful. It’s so fresh and feminine. I do get a classic perfume vibe which I attribute to the pear blossom, but it’s just relentlessly pretty and easy to wear. Definitely creamy, slight fruit, and ever so slight hint of warmth.

Its grown on me every time I’ve worn it. This morning when I put it on I was actually shocked at how pretty it was.

Tested blind via sniffie: the lavender is detectable immediately, alongside something fruity and something creamy. The drydown feels very citrus-cream-y .

Wet: Creamy citrus. It sounds simple, but I keep going back and huffing my wrist.

Dry: Creamy citrus and chamomile. Me gusta.

I meant to review this a while ago, oops. This is one of those blends that's just really *pretty;* sparkly and glowing and elegant. Perfumey, but understated. It makes me think of glittering motes dancing in rays of sunlight. The pear blossoms combined with the other notes makes this smell like cream soda on the dry down, to me.

The words that come to mind for this scent are: gentle, warm, golden. Fresh out of the mail it was strong chamomile, but now it's changed quite a bit. The chamomile is still there, but well blended with a soft lavender and sweet pear blossom, the last which gives it just a smidge of fruitiness. Amber is quite prominent as well, very lovely and gentle, not powdery at all, playing beautifully with the golden musk. The sweet floral blendedness of it, the "high-end perfume"-ness of it reminds me a little of Butterflies, Flowers, and Jewels attending. It's not similar really, but I could see someone who loves that one liking this too. 

Utterly beautiful amber-musk-floral. It's really calming too. I love this.