Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sometimes I feel that they are more mature than I am, and this scent reflects it: wispy cashmere musk, sweet amber, iris butter, heliotrope, and tolu balsam.

First applied, I get hairspray.

After a bit, that dies down a bit and individual notes start to emerge.  I get soft white (almost pink) musk, a soft powdery (not death by powder though, it's just ...soft) background that is sweet and a bit floral.  This isn't an in your face floral at all and reminds me a bit of tulips. There is a creaminess that holds it altogether.  Behind it all though, I'm still getting a hairspray vibe.  It's not OMG AQUA NET but it's still hairspray.

This is where it stays for me.  A creamy, powdery pinkish floral with a bit of hairspray.

I love a cashmere note, but unfortunately it doesn't really make an appearance here. I mostly only get heliotrope. I get some of the balsam in the bottle, but it also vanishes on my skin. The sweet amber also makes an appearance, turning this into a lightly sweet floral.

This is very very pretty for the type of scent it is, which is a bit out of my wheelhouse.  

Overall, it’s a sort of melancholy whispy ethereal iris musk.  I’m getting dusky iced over twilight purple and dusty lavender color w some bruised bits and foggy white -  as an overall scent color impression.  It tugs at the heartstrings and smells loving but melancholy somehow.  Somewhere in between the memory of a dewy cold iris plant, and a freshly washed person you have heartfelt contemplative feelings for.   

So to go into the specifics - at first I get a strong hit of the iris butter.  It smells like a condensed brick of iris, it makes the smell a unified/smooth combo of: resinous powdery musky buttery and fresh all combined into one note.  I don’t like iris generally, but this is a good note.  It’s condensed but smooth enough that it almost leans anise like at first.  

As it opens up on my skin, what leaned in the anise direction, starts to grow indolic in a very refined dry way.  The scent grows more dry, musky, serene but wistful, and the orris adds that soapy kind of freshly washed tone it often does.  So at this point it’s very moody soapy dusky pale lavender colored with a kiss of that refined fresh but  indolic iris over top.  

Scents like this often remind me of Easter mornings of my childhood with like a cold chill in the air, and walking over cut grass church lawns.  Where it would be super early in the morning and I’d be in some fancy dress and the grass would whip at my feet and get the tights inside my little white patent leather Mary Jane shoes wet.   And there would be tiny purple flowers in the grass, and the scent of the older ladies perfumes sort of hovering about, mingling with the cool fresh early morning air. 

Overall- this is a nice cozy but clean purple floral musk that leans melancholy and sort of dry/indolic the entire wear time.  Beyond that condensed beautiful buttery anise-iris opening - it leaves a freshly washed aspect on the skin, like you washed your hands with an iris bar soap + some iris tinted dry indole.  But the scent is more refined and sophisticated/a bit more natural than just that also. 

I love this scent so much. I don't like powdery scents when they smell of baby powder or go overly bone dry and dusty, but this is exactly the sort of powdery, creamy, sensual, elegant perfume that I swoon over. 

I actually thought that this had dragon's blood resin in it when I gave Luceat a full wear today, but perhaps it's the resinous, slightly woody, warm amber giving me that impression.  It also reminds me of Prada's Infusion d'Iris, but more velvety, creamy and dark, not as fresh and silvery.

Luceat is one of those bpal fragrances that could pass as a classical department store perfume, but it's a little darker and much more interesting, with none of the sharp, cheap musk that tends to ruin department store fragrances for me.

I'm having a hard time describing it, but it's so warm and beautiful, resinous and somehow flirty. I love the lab's sweet amber note. I adored it in My Wise Beauty from last year too.

i can't remember what made me decide to buy this? Not sure if any of you get your orders and can't remember why you chose something? It must have been the cashmere musk, amber and balsam that called my name. Alas, i'm getting none of these notes,  the iris and heliotrope are the main players here. The resins and musk keep the florals creamy and grounded. Yes, the iris truly shines here, I can only describe it as "candied" and "purple". I'd love to smell this on a husky man, all sexy and sleek forest fae. 

Edited by Jenjin