Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

First Class Upgrade

The scent of good fortune blessing you with a first class upgrade, filtered through a KN95: bougie Australian sandalwood, cotton blossom, frankincense, white amber, white leather, orris root, and ambergris accord.

In the bottle this smells mostly of sandalwood and leather. But fresh on skin it’s 7-Up, as in the soda. I’ve seen people refer to fizzy sandalwoods from time to time, but hadn’t really noticed it in a sandalwood until this one.

On dry down the fizzy 7-Up calms down, and the sandalwood and leather are joined by a soft amber. The leather smells like expensive leather seating and definitely evokes the inspiration. The rest of the notes are a well-blended backdrop, with the ambergris, cotton blossom, and frankincense, all very subtle, adding a layer of fresh aquatic vibes over the top of the amber, leather, and sandalwood. 

To me, it smells a bit more like a fancy  furniture store, but I can so see how it would just as easily smell like first class. Definitely recommend if you like fizzy sandalwood, aquatics, and interesting leathers. Also I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m willing to bet this would smell amazing with a wood note.

Edited by Beary Strange

This is such a strange and interesting scent.  On me it definitely has a weird quality of that feeling you get in your head when you are on an airplane + a sort of muffled sterile cottony thing + “fancy person” perfume.  

It’s like all these high pitched things creating a really strong higher atmosphere perfume.  A very odd and cool sensory experience!  

it is very perfumey and there is a sort of high pitched creamy sterile cotton + high pitched Frankincense and white amber happening prominently on me - the Frankincense I think is giving it a funny tone up close, almost a tinge of sterile clear fruityness wafting over the cotton and department store style perfume 

Edited by Viiinylflowers

I've been really into the 2022 Liliths that I've tried. It took me forever to get a tester of this one, as I tend to be suspect of clean, rich bitch, fancy scents. 

I tend to agree with the above reviews, though I find First Class Upgrade to be approachable, softly sweet, creamy, airy and perhaps a little bit of a suggestion of nutty almondy, low key amber frank golden glow. Possibly androgenous, light, pleasant, casual, everyday/office appropriate, not too perfumey or high freq floral. Attractive and charming.

It has a $300 designer candle version of a cabbage patch doll head vibe. I quite like it. Upscale yarn store vibes. 

Edited by Supertrooper Omni

I almost decided to pass on my bottle of this because of some of the weird stuff it does on my skin as it dries down, but ultimately I'm glad I held onto this and kept testing it. In the bottle, the Australian sandalwood (which to me is greener and a little more astringent than other BPAL sandalwood notes I've tried) and cotton blossom are evident -- light, airy, just a little floral. Immediately upon application, the scent takes on this weirdly fizzy/effervescent quality. And then something goes wrong as it starts to dry down, getting unpleasantly perfumey, almost like potpourri. I'm not sure what notes are the culprit here, but based on prior experiences with the white leather accord, I'm prepared to blame that alongside the white amber and cotton blossom.

I thought this was going to be a dealbreaker, but after drydown, the potpourriness of it all fades and I'm left with the sandalwood and cotton blossom, with a little bit of amber glow in the background. It's cool, airy, approachable -- not exactly sterile, but clean in a way that does evoke an upscale airline cabin or a bougie department store. While I have to power through the potpourri phase with this one, I like the end stage enough that I'll probably stick with it.

Fresh, limey and it sort of smells very cool/airy like an Irish spring. Medium throw and wear length.