Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Final Girl

Vanilla cream, white honey, and marshmallow sugar splattered with red currant, blackcurrant, and clove.

To my nose this is all vanilla, marshmallows, and honey. The currants and clove are are smothered by these notes, and are barely there. A faint clove emerges a bit during the initial drydown, but doesn't last.

If you are a sugar and marshmallow whore, this is your scent. As for me, I came for the currants and clove. I know aging may bring out more clove, though I am unsure what it will do for the fruity notes.

7/10 we will see what a little aging does before deciding whether to hold onto this one.

Vanilla marshmallow starts strong and in the dry down I get the currants to help with the sweetness. This is very well blended and does morph a little while wearing. It’s super fun and I love the name. I couldn’t stop sniffing it. Medium throw and staying power. 🔪💖

Sweet white honeyed vanilla cream and floofy marshmallow stand out innocently enough, not quite betrayed of evil intent by an undercurrent (under currant?) of currants and a mild, musky clove.

This one's sugary innocence casts behind it an opium-like darkness. Under this pale, candy-like cloak of honeyed vanilla poof lurks a darker side that reminds me of Sugar, Poppy Tar, and Red Currant, if anything... But the overall and most forward impression remains sweet throughout its wear on my skin.

If you were wanting a sweet, rounded, compelling gentle honeyish marshmallow cloud to gently waft around you, hinting obliquely in tendrils of currant and a touch of clove, you need look no further. It's a very hard scent to stop smelling! Win. 

Edited: I just realized what's so compelling about this scent to me. You know those dolls that had a sweet little smell, from when we were kids? So this is like what I'd imagine if that doll had been real and growing up and dealing with *waves hand*  It's the Final Girl trope.... just perfectly realized! This is genius. 

Edited by ND¢

I hesitated on Final Girl because I thought it would veer too sugary sweet for me, but on my skin it reads creamy sweet vanilla with a really lovely undertone of cloves. I'm glad I took the plunge on this one!

Honeyed-vanilla-marshmallow-cream with the barest edge of sweet clove. It's definitely a sweet scent, but not tooth-achingly so. The berries never showed themselves beyond adding a hint of tartness (at best). I found it to be a very linear scent that dries down and fades gracefully. Give it a try if you like honey and marshmallows.

Unfortunately for me I came for the clove and berries, so I'll give it some time to see if they appear..

Edited by Janis

I actually get almost all the notes listed in equal amounts, the result ends up being a spicy clove + blood/dark berries with some sticky sweet vanilla sugar/honey. It really does paint the picture of some spicy red sticky blood slashed across some ripped white clothing - very Final Girls vibe 🔪🩸

Oddly enough I didn’t get nearly as much marshmallow as the other reviews seemed to get. Keeping it for now because there’s something there very intriguing! Was hoping there would be more marshmallow and less clove but this is pretty great too!

Edited by myla.mouse.n.di

In the Bottle: Vanilla yogurt with an indeterminate spice note.

Wet: The dairy note starts to lean less sour yogurt and more sweet cream, still vanilla-flavoured. The spice is still light and not exactly clove-y to my nose. No currents of any color are available for comment.

Dry: Ok! I get the clove now, but it's cold? Almost like menthol or star anise. That's unexpected for a clove scent. The sour yogurt edge is now gone and it is fully a vanilla cream with dusty marshmallow sweetness smell plus that cold, sharp clove. I'll chalk up the sweetness to the white honey, or maybe that adds to the marshmallow's dusty quality.

I've had this bottle sitting around for a month now to give everything time to develop. It was very quite when it first landed. This is such a beautiful scent and it reminds me of Volcano in Springtime, which I love desperately. When I first sniffed my bottle of Final Girl, I felt like my silent wish for a companion scent to Volcano was answered. But whereas Volcano is a delicate floral vanilla, Final Girl is a delicate spiced vanilla. Utterly gorgeous.

Update: Ok, another two months have passed and boy howdy! This is so unbelievably beautiful. It's one of those perfumes that make you awkwardly sniff yourself in public. It's stronger now and it goes for a solid eight hours. The only scent profile change is that the vanilla cream scent is feels more substantial.

Edited by Tamarinda
Update

Final Girl starts off strong on the honey and marshmallow on me, with the honey being a main player throughout wear. The marshmallow is overtaken by the currants, so that it ends up being a honeyed currant scent with just a little bit of marshmallow in the background. The clove didn't show up on me, which I'm surprised by, as my skin is usually happy to amp up spice notes, and I love clove!

I almost didn't try this, and that would have been a mistake! I like this more than I thought I would have, and the decant is definitely a keeper. I'll consider a bottle if it ends up getting restocked, but I probably won't try to hunt one down if it is forever ausverkauft.

Looks like I am having very different experience of Final Girl: On my skin it is aaaaaaaaaaaaaall clove, and slightly bitter at that.

STRONG vanilla cream like one of my all time faves Love’s Philosophy, is what I notice first. Then we have the addition of honey and marshmallow sugar to make it even more sweet and candy-like, plus fruity sweetness from the red currant and blackberry. The only note I’m not finding is clove. I’m not noticing any mint but I see the likeness to Tokyo Stomp because they’re both pure vanilla overload. If you enjoy foodie blends in general or creamy sweet berry blends in particular, this is for you. I could definitely do with a bottle!

Im in the same boat as katharina. Im getting vanilla, marshmallow, and the honey. Honey can sometimes be a bit too much for me, and its doing that here. Because of that and the tiny bit of currant showing up, it has a hint of red gummy candy on me that I dont love. The longer it sits, the more that fades which is nice. I wasn't getting much noticeable clove, but I put some more on and its there. Its making things a bit darker. This overall is a wonderful interpretation of the picture it's based on, always amazed at how BPAL can do that.

I was really excited for this one, but I think my troubles with honey are getting in the way of loving this. There's still some potential for me, ageing might just do the trick.

This one is a morpher on me. Starts off as vanilla cream with red fruits mixed in, pretty foodie. I can tell the honey and blackcurrant are there, but they're playing a support role in the scent and on me, don't come through on their own. It takes around an hour after the dry down for the clove to come out. And the other notes do not go away, rather the scent now has a strong glove base. Not for me. I think this is for folks who want or don't mind a noticeable amount of clove.

Soft vanilla and clove are the strongest notes on me. I also get a powdery cloud of gentle honey and occasional whiffs of the fruity currants. It's sweet but balanced by the spicy clove.

Generally, it reminds me of Snake's Kiss, but with clove instead of the Snake Oil patchouli and spices.

The honey in this is not agreeing with me at all, and it's the loudest note in the blend when applied to my skin. I have several honey scents I love, but I don't think this one will work out. 

White honey-blackberry-clove. Well rounded, soft, sweet but not overly sugary. A morpher: starts off a strong vanilla with a berry ribbon, turns into ripe berries with clove underpinnings, and then settles for most of its run into a soft cloud of white honey with blackberries and a little clove. 8 hours later, it has dried down to a lightly musky vanilla-clove that sticks close to the skin. You have to really like clove to like Final Girl, and yet it's not overpowering -- just always present, a little differently, at every stage. Medium throw.

I'm not sure why, but this one reminds me a little bit of Midway and a little bit of Monster Bait: Closet -- which happened to be the only two foodie blends in my collection. Now Final Girl makes three.

Edited by myoubi

I purchased two bottles of Final Girl because it has so many of my favorite notes in it (vanilla, marshmallow, black currant, clove) and it wound up not being my favorite of this year's Liliths.  Even slathered on, this is a very light scent on me, and it's sort of a light, warm, vanilla marshmallow scent drizzled in honey with a teeny tiny hint of dry clove.  The currants surprisingly don't show up at all on me, and I think the scent kind of needs them.

Powdery marshmallows and globs of honey.

On 11/17/2022 at 9:37 PM, Leopard403 said:

Looks like I am having very different experience of Final Girl: On my skin it is aaaaaaaaaaaaaall clove, and slightly bitter at that.

I just got Final Girl a few days ago and let it rest before trying it. 

On my skin, it's almost like....natural bug spray?!? I guess it is the clove. It's super strong and almost cold/menthol-like, as another commenter suggested. No blackcurrant or any fruitiness that I can smell. I've had a small bit on for about 3 minutes, and there isn't much throw either, which considering, might be a good thing. 😂

I was really hoping to have a similar experience to almost everyone else, with the vanilla, marshmallow, and honey stealing the show. But right now, it's a clove party. I guess I will wait a bit and see if aging brings out the other components. 

UPDATE: After about ten minutes, the clove tamped down enough to allow the deep vanilla, musky honey, and a bit of currant (?) to emerge. It feels like the dark lovechild of "O" and "Hollywood Babylon". I feel like this is the perfume Wednesday Addams would wear. It's not my favorite, but I'm intrigued to see how it changes with time.

Edited by lakeplacidskater

Why does this remind me of Dragon's Milk? I swear that honeyed vanilla is the SAME but of course its not as resinous. The red and black current also blend into something a tiny bit like Dragon's Blood, but this dragon is noshing on sugar coated Marshmallows. Yah, this is really yummy and is giving me GC vibes. The only thing the clove is doing on my skin is give it all some underlying spice, and in the drydown it's a beautiful,  candied tangy fruited vanilla. I'm so glad I was able to score a bottle! 

Edited by Jenjin

Final Girl is one of those scents that I think is okay, yet not my favorite. Then, I can’t stop sniffing, and can’t get it out of my mind when it’s not on me. A growing obsession. 
I agree with @tinyvulture that it’s strongly reminiscent of Love’s Philosophy! I think the clove is giving me the saffron vibes, and something about the vanilla/honey combo is just like LP smelled on me. The berries seem non existent on my skin, but I’m sure they contribute something… 

Grateful to have a bottle, so I can sniff contentedly for days~

Oh! And editing to remark that this is one of the few scents that sticks on me all. day. long.

Edited by artisjok

This is just lovely :wub:

I predominantly get vanilla, marshmallow, and honey from this scent. This doesn't feel like a typical “foodie” scent; it feels like there is more depth and roundness, additional layers.  On my skin, the clove note tricks my nose into smelling a slightly toasted marshmallow.  The clove and the honey working in harmony take out any artificial feel to the marshmallows.  These are billowy homemade marshmallows being piped out like Swiss meringue buttercream - not the store kind of marshmallows.  I could only smell the fruity currant notes in the wet stage, maybe age will change this scent in that respect.  

This scent will wrap you in a coat of fluffy honeyed marshmallows - making you smell like you were baking every recipe with vanilla bean as an ingredient in your kitchen.  Gorgeous! 🧁

Edited by pinkgyrl

Creamy, figgy patchouli. Without referring to the scent notes, this is the overall effect on both me and my mom, who typically amp very different notes. 

My husband grew up in music stores and says I smell like a dirty hippy.

Apparently marshmallow + clove = sweet patchouli 🤷🏼‍♀️