Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Easter Egging

A pastel swirl of pink sandalwood, mallow flower, white chocolate, and tea rose.

Delicious white chocolate with a light sandalwood spice. It smells like Easter and I feel the pastel. How do they do that?! I don’t get much rose thankfully. It’s so good! Blended so nicely. My favorite of the Liliths I got! :wub2: 

Hmm - this is very sandalwood on me, to the point that that's mostly what's dominating! After quite a while - like, an hour - there's some sweetness adding itself, and it is a very pale-pink sort of sweetness, if that makes sense? Like little pink marshmallows, but also with a lot of sandalwood?

I'm starting to think sandalwood doesn't work well on me, so maybe it's a me thing! By which I mean... I *loved* Gingerbread Mummy,  and so I thought, okay, this is fine, especially with sweet notes like the white chocolate and mallow flower! But then - Every Day Is Halloween (last year's) was very sandalwood heavy on me, and now this one is too!

I don't dislike it as such - this is perfectly fine as a sweet sandalwood, especially as it dries down and a bit more of the sweetness emerges - but I'm not loving it as much as I hoped I would? I shall let my mom try it in two weeks when she visits, and see what she thinks!

Edited by splendidissima

I love white chocolate scents and I was looking forward to this arriving in the mail. These are my impressions after resting for a day or two.

On me the main notes are the pink sandalwood and white chocolate. I don't really get any mallowflower or roses, they are probably there in the background adding a softness to the scent but this is definitely all about the sandalwood and white chocolate on me. This one doesn't seem to morph over time either. Since white chocolate is a note I look out for, I'm happy that I'm getting alot of it in this scent. The sandalwood is such an interesting match for the white choc and I'm finding it hard to describe here. I think it adds a clean, perfumey element to the scent. 

This scent is very reminiscent of Easter and springtime. A pastel swirl is an apt description. 

A blast of chocolate and rose which is INCREDIBLE but lasts maybe 5 minutes total until this scent becomes solely a pink rose-colored sandalwood. Low throw, but nice if you are a fan of a delicate sandalwood

This is strongest on the white chocolate and perfume-y pink sandalwood on me (with more white chocolate in the beginning and more of the sandalwood later in the day). The rose in this is very subdued, and there's a bit of floofiness to this by the end of the day that must be due to the mallow flower.

I am not sure I need more than my decant, but I do think this does fit the Easter theme! (I'll retest before it goes away, but I was really wanting more rose with the white chocolate.)

Sandalwood doesn’t play well on my skin or in my nostrils, but I was hoping PINK sandalwood would be a little different. But alas. I get the most gorgeous whiff of the other notes and then that damn sandalwood destroys everything in sight like Godzilla taking down Tokyo. 

This is a lovely pink sandalwood, but that white chocolate/mallow flower combo is creating a big ol poufy sweet cloud around it. It feels very flouncy and silly and fun.

I get a big hit of white chocolate, boosted by the mallow flower that gives it a natural sweetness, like hay. The sandalwood is dry and kind of toasted but not roasty. I only wish it has a little more power/longevity overall, then I would wear it all the time! But I think this will be a great bedtime scent, when I really just need a hit of something lovely while I drift off, but don't necessarily need the staying power. Totally worth it.

The sandalwood in this is so unbearably powdery, dry and odd on my skin, like dusty baby powder and Play-Doh.  Something also smells weirdly burnt on my skin.  Because of the scent name, it keeps making me think of burnt eggshells.  Rose usually amps on my skin, but I can't find it here.  There's a sweetness, but it doesn't smell like white chocolate or marshmallow on me.  I have trouble with bpal's white sandalwood going powdery and off on my skin, but this is somehow even stronger and worse.  I had good luck with most of the 2022 Liliths, but this one doesn't work on me.