Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Be Happy Still Lil

Orange blossom and sweet balsam threaded through vivacious white musk and serene lotus root.

This is very high pitched, almost silvery/icy orange blossom that creates a nearly seamless ombré into fresh lotus.  The white musk cradles the florals but not in an assaulting way.  It wears like a subtle clean silvery-pale orange  skin musk.  It’s so beautiful.  

It has a very cozy aspect to it despite being a high pitched freshly washed kind of a scent.  I don’t know what it is about this exactly but there’s something very human/contemplative about it, which I wouldn’t normally associate with a clean floral like this.  

Out of a bunch of Lilith decants, this was the ONLY one peeking my interest, let alone blowing my mind shortly thereafter.

Upon sniffing the decant pippette, i get a whiff of a beautiful zesty ripe orange fruit mixed with the floral (green) element of the orange blossom. I'm amazed how this doesn't smell like the usual soapy orange blossom note...it also gives me some sort of note association with honeysuckle about to bloom.

On my skin, it's a zesty orange / green orange blossom combo, slowly transforming into a green floral. Little by little the lotus root comes out, the white musk starts asserting itself, while the orange blossom subsides. 

Later on, the scents shifts into a clean white musk and gentle sweet lotus. The lotus is very dainty, not bubblegummy. 

In the end it's a clean white musk with accents of barely sweet lotus root and a very tiny bit of orange blossom soapiness ghostly wafting in the background. 

Edited by theredkilt

The Lab has had some just really lovely orange scents this year. This is another one! It's so smiley and sunny! Floral and citrus is a sweet spot for me, and this is just delightful. It could last longer, but I often enjoy light citrusy scents first thing in the morning, and I don't necessarily need them to last all day, I just want to start the day on a cheery note. This fits the bill perfectly. Such a joy.