Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I can't believe this wasn't formally released as a Duet; it's so nice  It's also a must-have if you are into the Lab's strawberry note.  In the bottle:  Fresh-cut, ripe strawberries with a tiny hint of something else in the background -- strawberries on a wooden cutting board?  On, wet:  A further explosion of fresh, very ripe strawberries.  Drydown:  After a few hours, this dries down to something like a slightly sweet, powdery skin musk with notes of fresh and dried strawberry, not really getting sandalwood as a distinct note -- it's morphed into something completely different.  

In the bottle: Starwberry incense. This smells like Hot Topic in the 1990s and I am cuh-caw-ing in laughter.

Wet: Something strange is happening. Strawberries and... whut? The incense-ness is gone and I am smelling---  Am I smelling Gravity by Coty for men?

Dry: Strawberry-laced Gravity. I must be hallucinating because the scent notes for Gravity are as follows: "Top notes are Sage, Lime, White Pepper, and Mandarin Orange; middle notes are Cloves and Freesia; base notes are Leather, Vanilla, and Woodsy Notes."

Maybe the "woodsy notes" in Gravity are from sandalwood? None of my other perfumes with sandalwood smell like this, nor does my bottle of sandalwood essential oil. This is cuh-raaay-zeee. It's strong stuff and it lasts forever, at least ten hours.

Jesus Jiminey Cricket Christ, BPAL. This isn't perfume, this is an olfactory time machine. I am having *all* the feelings.