Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I've never tried Lemon Scented Sticky Bat, but this opens with a very pleasant lemon. It's not too sweet or sugary (and I tend to have a low threshold for sweet scents) but it's also not too sharp or cleanser-ish either.  The snake oil lurks there a bit underneath it while wet, but comes out much more as it starts to dry.  The bulk of the lemony-ness fades pretty early, but it keeps a bit of brightness compared to standalone snake oil even in the drydown.  A very wonderful combination, though I suspect anyone who has these two scents already could probably achieve similar results through layering them.

this is a lovely and uncomplicated mix of lemon-scented sticky bat and snake oil. 

starts as gooey sugary lemon-scented sticky bat, then slowly morphs into (mostly) snake oil with just a whisker of sweet lemony freshness. it's a whole journey, and i love every minute of it! (my favorite part is when they cross over 50/50.  the vanilla-lemon-patchouli-musk is so nice!) 

i've long contemplated a bottle of lssb, because it's so fun and joyful.  but lemon dies pretty quickly on my skin, so i always talked myself out of it.  this is BETTER, because you have snake oil to enjoy when the lemon bat flits away.  very happy to have this in my collection! 

I skipped this initially because I wasn't sure how it would differ from Snake Oil Lemon Bomb White Tea F*** Up, which was also described as a mispour of Snake Oil and Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat. But when I got the chance to swap for it, I was happy to be able to deathmatch the two! And I can say that the two are very different, despite both being lemony Snake Oil blends.

First off, let me just say that Snake Oil Lemonade is a paler oil, while Snake Oil Lemon Bomb's oil is dark. So it makes sense that there is very little Snake Oil in Snake Oil Lemonade, and a lot more of it in Snake Oil Lemon Bomb. 

With Snake Oil Lemonade, it's like a less sweet, more white musky, sharper Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat? It actually tickled my nose with this unexpected, sharp, clean lemon and I can't help wondering if there's white musk at play in this one. I only got a hint of Snake Oil after several hours, but by then, it was pretty faint.

On the other hand, Snake Oil Lemon Bomb is strong, darkly musky Snake Oil from the beginning and the lemon, while staying present throughout wear, is less nostril-stabbing. So for me, it was the clear winner of the death match, although neither would be among my favorite Snake Oil variants (and I love lemon).

I was considering holding onto this for a while to see how it ages, but who knows how long this was aging at the Lab already (as an accident that was released into the wild prior to their move)? And I have so many Snake Oil variants already, and there are always more on the way, so I've decided not to hold onto every single Snake Oil variant for a year to see how it ages and then make a decision. I think, after comparing this to Snake Oil Lemon Bomb, that I can let this bottle go. Especially since I can just layer Snake Oil and Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat. But it was really fun to get to deathmatch them!

This smells like lemon pez candy. I can tell the snake oil is there, somewhere. But I primarily get lemon pez. After a couple of minutes the snake oil comes forward. To me, it’s still a background, grounding note while the lemon takes center stage. (Full disclosure: I don’t have Lemon Scented Sticky Bat, so I can’t make a direct comparison).

Sugary lemons turns into sugary SO. Yep, SO with extra sugar. For me the lemon burned off in the drydown but the sugar remained. So extra sugary SO. Medium throw and wear length.