Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Wow, this is another one that I can't believe didn't make it out as a regular release!  I had no idea what to expect as there were no notes listed in the description.  So, here we go  In the bottle:  Light and bracing -- getting lots of lemon verbena and maybe some kind of sharp resin -- maybe a touch of myrrh or the tiniest touch of camphor?  On, wet:  Really, really pretty lemon verbena and maybe lime leaf or lemon leaf?  Some kind of almost honeylike resinous sweetness coming up from behind, but only very faint -- orange blossom water?  Also maybe the tiniest teeniest bit of some kind of evergreen resin (if it's an ancient Egyptian thing I am thinking maybe cedar oil)?  There's definitely a sharp non-citrus oil in the background there somewhere, as in when I pull my shirt over my nose and inhale it clears my sinuses a bit, but in a GOOD way.  It's truly a unisex scent for the citrus/verbena crew out there.  During drydown, something cedarwood-like slowly started to make itself known a bit more.  Also, a slight....spiciness?? creeping up?  ALMOST like fresh cut very young ginger root, but not overwhelming?  As it dries down, definitely getting something in the camphor family, but again, very faintly.  Full drydown is a resinous lemon verbena with some other resin (I'm gonna stick with camphor) and the faintest touch of dry evergreen wood (gonna stick with cedar).  REALLY fresh, verbena-forward.  Very glad I got this one.

Freshly applied, Sheut smells like a faceful of the lemon balm growing in (taking over) my front garden beds. Then in short order, there is something pleasantly sinus tickling, like camphor, as mentioned above. It's lemony, sweet, resinous, camphorous. After a few minutes, the Vicks aspect calms down and I get frankincense more clearly. It's not incredibly long lived on my skin but it is rather pleasant while it's there. A morning pick-me-up sort of scent.

I don't understand this scent at all, and I'm here for it.

All bright, fresh lemon balm at first, maybe with some mint, or maybe even dill? It's herbaceous and bright and bracing. When it dries down, there is a sweet resiny thing happening along with the lemony and minty notes. It isn't the lemony resin of frankincense for me, almost sweeter like amber. 

This is definitely not my usual scent wheelhouse, and definitely not what I expected for a scent whose name is "Shadow," but I'm enjoying it quite a lot. This will make for a beautiful spring/summer wear!

In the bottle this is very green and camphorous. Almost fizzy. On my skin I get a bunch of herbal notes pretty sure I get lemon grass or lemon verbena or something of the sort, and maybe fennel or something else anisey. Mint??  It's very bracing, a sharp green and sort of citrussy. As it dries I get a bit of resin underneath, I think frankincense. I could definitely see myself wearing this in the summer. 

ETA: papyrus?? I think I might be getting the papyrus note in the dry down as well? 

Edited by roseus

Like almost everyone else, I'm getting lemon verbena and a sweet, lightly camphorous mint off the top. There's bunchteen other ingredients, none of which I can pick out; they're having like a rave back there in the lemon-mint warehouse? Ooh, I smell something like sharp, freshly snapped marigold stems, and maybe hyssop or bee balm (monarda). And, to round out my barrage of guesses, myrtle leaves. I'm sure there must be a resin binding all of this together, but it's a minty melange of wild herbs to me.