Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In the bottle: a bit gourmand. Lots of spice with an undertone of something floral.

Wet on Skin: It's really changed once on my skin. It's a bit sharp with notes of frankincense and smoke. 

Dry down: I'm getting a bit more of a slice like clove and a bit of rose perhaps coming through. It's a slghtly powdery floral.

Overall I'm very happy with how it smells on my skin.

It started off smooth and almost buttery, on my skin it went sharp initially and smoothed back out. I want to say I'm getting resins and a bitter almond sort of note, and there's a floral of some kind (I think white) that went a bit too heady and funky for a moment before settling. Rather pretty!

This is an odd one. Right off the bat there's a smoky, sour-tangy note that smells SO familiar, if I could only put my finger on it - it's not quite vinegar, pickle brine, gunpowder, wood ash, or pine terpenes. Maybe I'm smelling a very raw, gnarly galbanum, with hints of cedar woodsmoke and vetiver? And now it's got some sweet sandalwood rounding it out; possibly cardamom as well.

I'm not mad about any of this, mind; it's an olfactory roller coaster to be sure, but I like the funky, herby blends. It's definitely mellowing on the skin. I get zero florals. This is ... a slightly smoky, slightly spicy resin blend.  And hints of annatto seed on the far drydown.

Edited by bheansidhe