Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Black silk and crisp linen, polished abalone, wildflower honey, jasmine milk, and rose-touched sweet cream.

I’m so shocked by this scent: It smells PURPLE. I didn’t review the notes before sniffing this and then skin-testing it, and for that time I basked in the purpleness, thinking “This is another great blackberry scent, the Lab is on a roll with that!” And then I looked at the notes. Quoi?? No blackberry? No berry at all? No grape or wine varietal that could mimic it? How it this possible? Is my decant mislabeled?? It must be the wildflower honey, I guess. No jasmine, no rose, nothing milky or creamy; nothing like laundry from the linen or earthiness from the silk, nothing vegetal from the abalone. Just PURPLE. AND I LOVE IT, but how weird is this experience?!?

I only tested this briefly because my sister loved it so much I had to give her my decant. The only thing that jumped out at me was that the rose cream reminded me a bit of the poinsettia gown, but this blend is not as rich than that one, and it's tricky to pick out many other distinct notes. The honey was not overpowering, and I wouldn't call it a floral blend, if you are concerned about the jasmine or rose.

edit/update: lies, it is definitely a floral blend, but it is also slinky and creamy and subtle, low throw and come hither - agree that the color impression is indigo/purpley. some other recent blends with a linen note have been Very Linen/Laundry but this one is not. I definitely get the wildflower honey, jasmine milk, and rose-touched sweet cream notes all swirled together in a silky smooth blend. I am also getting a bit of seashell in the drydown. really nice.

Edited by LavenderCoffee

This one was a total surprise for me too. I was expecting it to be heavy on the linen and black silk but I get very little of these notes.

On me the main notes I am getting are the sweetened rose cream, jasmine milk, wild flower honey and what I'm guessing is the abalone shell. The sweetened rose cream and honey make this quite a sweet scent on me, and I think that these notes are dominating this scent for me. The jasmine milk is also there, though not as strong as the rose, the jasmine is absolutely not high pitched here and definitely like milk infused with jasmine. It blends into the rose cream creating a sweet, milky floral scent on me. I'm also getting alot of another note which I cant put my finger on,  I think it is the abalone shell, and to me it almost smells similar to a sweet lotus note. This is far sweeter than I expected it to be, not that I'm complaining because I enjoy these kinds of scents. From looking at the painting and the fabric notes for some reason I expected it to be a somber linen scent with light creamy florals in the background but it is far more reflective of its name and is quite a youthful, sweet and milky floral on me

Edited by becca_s

Cream, sweet rose, honey and jasmine milk. This is soft, round, and pink. Medium throw and wear length.

This smells exactly as I hoped it would.  Steeping freshly picked jasmine blossoms in a cup of warm milk and sweetening it with a drizzle of wildflower honey, a few drops of rose jam, and a dollop of sweet cream.  I was worried about the other notes going soapy or powdery, but this is all about the floral and gourmand facets on my skin.  It's fresh yet rich, sweet, and creamy.  Vanilla-y floral, but complex and unique.  I would love to have this as an actual drink.