Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Coconut meat, frangipani, plumeria, red torch ginger, freesia, Tahitian gardenia, palm fronds, and a cluster of wild orchids.

Ever since the Tiki Lounge scents, there has always been a soft spot in my heart and hole in my wallet for tropical and coconut scents.  I'm one of those guys who likes the idea of summer rather than actually sitting in it, so tropical florals mixed with pineapple, coconut, anything that elicits the concept of summer and the Tropics is a call to me.

Cold sniff from the bottle, it's a mix of a warm coconut meat, not husky, and mostly awapuhi (ginger lily/maybe the red torch ginger?), with a smidge of Alba botanical's Gardenia shampoo (a staple of mine).  It's a bit more foody at this point, like the coconut meat is strong and forward.  It settles pretty quick though as the palm fronds come through as a slight grassiness, but also a bit of a... green plant-yness (yes I know, that's not a word), but this is reminding a lot of 'Under the Palms' from Yankee Candle, which featured a very fine coconut kissed with greenery, with a slight rubbery sappiness that elicited a realistic aroma.  At this point most of the florals I am getting are subtle, but well blended.  I get hints of watery freesia, the frangipani isn't too high pitched, and the usual flashy florals like gardenia and plumeria aren't dominating the scent.  It really is, like the painting, a zoomed out scent of the landscape as opposed to focusing on the individual parts.  I suppose still the torch ginger is more flower than spice, though overall this is a warm, well blended tropical floral green.  Meaty foody coconut has definitely receded this far in on wear and it is quite nice and not overbearing.  

Thumbs up and definitely a try for anyone who likes a wearable tropical floral that is more on the subdued and conceptual side.  

If you like tropical scents (I do!) you'll love this one. The coconut just functions to smooth out the blend so that the flowers stay warm and soft-smelling and it never veers into screechy or soapy territory. I get a lot of orchid and tahitian gardenia, which is just what I was hoping for, and some of that luscious fruit-like frangipani too. This has a small to moderate amount of throw. I'm glad I got a full bottle of this to add to my tropical collection.

I'd actually bought this one to give to my mom, but I think I might like it... :D

It's a warm, tropical, lush floral - I agree that there's something not-quite-fruit in there, like walking around someplace tropical, where there're giant colorful blooms but also big floppy green leaves and also maybe some pineapple or coconut drifting on the air. It's staying pretty much exactly that - I don't really get ginger, unless that's just contributing to the 'warm' feel. It's wonderfully atmospheric - evoking scent and place memories of tropical vacations.

The coconut here is warm and slightly buttery, like in Obatala, and really helps keep those exotic florals in check. No screeching high white floral scents here, yet this is distinctly tropical, a nice blend of coconut and lush flowers with nary a suntan lotion smell to be found. Not an IN YOUR FACE tropical, either, so there is nothing about it that says “manufactured luau” like some candles I know; this baby knows how to be subtle. Also, it lasts FOREVER on my skin, which was a nice surprise! A sleeper hit that I hope more people try!

Gauguin, one of my favorite creeps from Art History! This ticks all the boxes of what I’d want in a tropical Tahitian scent! The raw coconut, the tropical flowers - plumeria, gardenia, hi! I love you! The green, clean palm fronds. I’m not getting any ginger or orchids but you know what, that’s cool. It’s complex, it’s not JUST a bouquet of florals because the coconut (pure coconut, not sweet desiccated kind) and palm are definitely just as present as the flowers. And yet the coconut isn’t overpowering so you just think “tanning oil” and move on. What I’m saying is it’s really well balanced and truly evocative of walking through a tropical garden, lovely.

I have to agree with Leopard403- drydown there's a buttery note-the coconut reacts this way around these florals I guess. Very smooth pink, white and orangey. Encapsulated Glow. Warm sunshine and unknotted muscles. Bottle purchase. (of course)♥️

Wonderfully executed. This has a fruity coconut perfumey sunscreen vibe. Reminds me of napping in the sun, doused in Australian Gold, described as "citrus oasis," not necessarily on vacation, but definitely in a checked-out state of mind. Everyday tropical scene. Well done!

Ohhh this smells like a tropical vacation. Or maybe like an incredibly lush, expensive sunscreen and a fancy cocktail nearby on a sunny day. That is doing it injustice though, this is a very realistic dip into someone else's memory, or maybe a fantasy into a beautiful summer paradise will do. :heart:

Coconut husk, big tropical flowers, water. This smells big and tropical, and watery so still delicate. Medium throw and wear length.