Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Haitian Tobacco, Bay Leaves, and Patchouli

Oh this is just wonderful. At first sniff, it reminds me of my beloved Autumn Leaves and Haitian Patchouli hair gloss! Wet, the patchouli note is right there, sweet but dry, and very grassy. It's one of my very favorite of all Beth's patchouli notes. As it dries down, the bay comes out, blending a spiciness into the patch. The tobacco is the glue that holds it all together. It's not distinct, so not a specifically chewy tobacco. After drydown, there is a real blending of the notes and it remains a warm, dry, and grassy blend... Like tall dry pampas grass, not lawns, but patchouli dominant.

This puts me in mind of Puddin's Gourd of Deprivation atmo spray... Not the same, of course, but in the same family. I just looked back through the reviews, and the 2014 Halloweenies from the Lab and Trading Post included both of the scents I am reminded of here! That was one of my very favorite years for Weenies and I broke the bank on buying that year. If you have any favorites from that collection that includes patchouli (Tricksy too!) get this one! The vibe of this trio is very similar. Backup bottle for sure!

This smells so cozy and plush. This trio of smells nothing like one would expect it to. To my nose, it's a gentle brown suede leather...i know, sounds crazy. I'm in complete awe. 

I love this. It's mainly tobacco and bay, which are both notes I adore. It's like a lighter version of the Bay Rum scent that BPAL had for a while. Medium throw and wear length.

I neglected to review this decant last year and haven't worn it since, but I really do like it.  It's a warm, dry scent -- not a sweet sticky tobacco but a dry one, ditto for the patch and the bay.  In fact this blend has very little sweetness on me at all, which is a welcome change from some of the foodies and other scents where the sweet notes can take over.  It's clean but not in an aquatic way, more like a well-groomed man with excellent bone structure sort of way.  Confident, a little rugged.  Super nice.