Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Coconut, Ti Leaf, and Pineapple

On the right skin (probably most of y'all) this would be a great replacement for Upa Upa (which I stupidly gave away): creamy, non-toasty, non-plasticky, sweet coconut, juicy, realistic pineapple, and switching out rum for planty ti leaf with a glamourous edge.

My chemistry turns it lemon balmy (wtf) with nice coconut pineapple, then modern commercial, high end pineapple coconut perfume, but not nicely. :trout: 

Alright, fine. You know what? Be that way. Sand and Sable and I are going to the beach alone! :rasp: 

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

For me, this is a pineapple and ti leaf two note. I get the suspicion that the coconut is hanging out in the background, adding to the overall sweetness of the scent and balancing out the pineapple, but I cannot pick it out on my skin. I would describe the scent as elevated pineapple juice. The pineapple is fresh and the ti leaf adds to that, along with a sweet plant, almost minty component. I was expecting a coconut scent, but I'm not disappointed at all with this one.

My biggest issue is that, on me, it sits pretty close to the skin. But, imo, that's a minor issue for how fresh, pineapple-y, and almost dewy this scent is.

Coconut and a whiff of pineapple. But this is mainly coconut tropical goodness. Medium throw, low wear length.

Pineapple is not my friend.  The bromelain and acid in the fruit really irritates my mouth and throat and, in perfume, it also tends to turn overwhelmingly sour, sharp, and acidic.  I like the coconut in this, it feels creamy and chilled with a slightly green, fresh edge (the ti leaf?).  The pineapple ruins it for me, though, coming in all sour, sharp, and acidic, like an unripe citrus note, just like it does in its true form, lol.