Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Supposed to be a Pretzel

"Supposed to be a pretzel but smells more like popcorn, so..."

I love bread-y and popcorn-y gourmands, so I love this. 
I get a vanilla musk and sea salt type of scent that's sort of like an airy 'sea island cotton' vibe, but with hints of popcorn and bread.
Clean laundry by the salty ocean, sweet vanilla, and freshly popped popcorn with a creamy hint of butter.  In the drydown, it's the same, but with the addition of a fluffy white bread note.  I really like this because it reminds me of being by the ocean and is clean without being heavily soapy. 
It's a very white scent to me that conjures up images of white sand, white linens, white popcorn, white bread, wearing a clean, white sundress... 
I can't wait to read other reviews of this one!

This isn't popcorn or pretzel to my nose, in the vial or on my skin. It's aquatic salt for days. It's not buttery at all. It's very clean. and beneath all of the aquatic salt, I get the barest hint of what could be bread, but the aquatic salt is so strong on me that I cannot call it a gourmand.

If you're looking for pretzel, or even popcorn, you might be disappointed. But if you're looking for a stealth aquatic, here you go.

Edited by doomsday_disco

5 hours ago, Little Bird said:

an airy 'sea island cotton' vibe

Oh bless, thank you, I was doubting my nose! I'm getting a cotton/linen thing happening as well, along with a lovely warm salty sea breeze. It actually smells warm, and my brain wants to insert a sunblock smell where there is none, because I smell like I've been in the sun by the water (but not in the water). Wear your Summer linens for a sunny day on the coast and bring some bread in a picnic basket, but keep the basket firmly closed, and there it is. "Down by the sea! Wouldn't that be smashing?" 

I'm so glad I paid attention to these reviews, this is a new favorite scent.. I already love Halite Phoenix but this might be even better.  I really enjoy a lot of clean scents.  There's a lot of salt but there's just enough of 'something else' underneath that makes me love this.  I can't even tell you what I'm smelling (besides the salt), maybe a sweet buttery bread note like others said, maybe cotton/linen, I don't even know. 

I'm doing the October Halloweenie challenge but I confess, after my sotd fades, usually after lunch, I've been putting this on as a kind of layering note, but it also does this 'nose reset' thing and just smells good to me.  I might add another bottle to my next order..  : )

I often amp both salt and butter, so let's see how this butter-salt cage match goes.

On my skin, aquatic salt comes out swinging first. Within a minute, though, butter surfaces amongst the tides and washes heavily ashore. Butter and salty ocean go several rounds, but it's clear they are less in a fighting match than in a committed flirtation with one another. 

Gradually, a coy, soft vanilla drifts out, letting it be known that it is really responsible for the affectionate, flirty vibe that seems to make up the undercurrent in this ocean.

So, yes? Buttery oceanic salt and soft, sweet vanilla.

salty ocean-water over clean white gauzy cotton.  nothing remotely buttery or bready to be found for me.

total beachy vacay vibe, clean and breezy. 

No pretzels or popcorn to be found, but you did buy a package of off brand saltines and are enjoying them with extra buttery spread while you sit on a bench near the ocean.

OK, like many of the other reviewers on this one, was expecting a punch-you-in-the-face gourmand.  Instead....In the bottle:  Salty popcorn and a hint of warm bread, with something vaguely soft cottony on the very edges of the background.  On, wet:  Holy clean cotton, Batman!  The vibe changed instantly the second this hit the skin.  Still some of the popcorn-y note but with a BIG white aquatic/soft cotton note -- like eating fresh popcorn on the beach while sitting on a very clean, bleached, white cotton towel as the ocean breeze rolls in.  Gradually, the "popcorn salt" becomes "sea salt."  Very heavy "going to the beaches of NJ near my grandparents growing up/getting snacks on the boardwalk" memories happening right now.  Dries down to a very close-to-the-skin warm clean cotton and slightly salty blue-floral aquatic with an occasional "popcorn/bread" spark popping up.  So yes to everyone else who noted that this one is a "stealth aquatic" because it is.  Also, I normally amp the heck out of butter and salt notes but this one is behaving itself, so go ahead and try this if you're concerned RE amping.  It's like having a bottle of Summer Near the Beach handy for when it's -200 below "F this it's too cold" and it's sleeting/freezing rain outside.