Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Lavender Buttercream

Lavender Buttercream is a perfect buttercream scent with a light bit of lavender that starts off strong at first but fades away lovely. The buttercream lingers and isn’t too sweet. I bet people will love this as a sleep scent! 😊

I get a ton of lavender from this at first, and it is glorious. At first, I thought it has the lavender found in Lilith's hair gloss backed by a somewhat lotion-y buttercream note (not sure if it is the buttercream note itself or the combo with lavender that's giving me that vibe). Slathered as a sleep scent, I realize it is a more powdery lavender with a slight mentholic quality to it. The buttercream here is definitely not as sweet as Chocolate Buttercream from this year's Lupercalia update, although it does get sweeter with wear and I think it may have a bit of coconut mixed in with the vanilla.

This will make a wonderful sleep scent, and I'm glad I grabbed two bottles. Just don't expect it to be sweet like past Lavender gourmand Liliths.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Doing the "alphabet" this month; fell behind a few days, but today L is for this lovely scent!  So glad I got it.  It pretty much is what it says on the label.  In the bottle:  Strong, herbaceous lavender.  On, wet:  The lavender gets hot on the skin, fast, and then starts to calm down.  After a bit of a drydown, the buttercream steps up.  Drydown:  The herbaceousness of the lavender calms down to more of a culinary lavender, and the buttercream finally takes its place alongside its partner here.  My only complaint is that I wished it had more throw and wear length.  I really like this and wish it was a GC because it's so beautiful in its simplicity.  If my local bakery had cupcakes that smelled like this I would be tempted to get one every day!

This is sooo interesting; what a combo! Very "aromatherapy" lavender you'd smell in maybe a sleep essential oil blend. In the bottle that's all I get, but the moment it hits my skin there's a softly sweet buttercream billowing from the bottom. It never turns into cake or pastry for me- it's sort of indescribable (sorry not helpful) but something I need to sniff again and again again... the sort of astringency of the lavender and thickness of the buttercream mellow eachother out into a scent that is both playful and soothing. Lowkey fun all around.

This is very lavender! It's like a fluffy cloud of lavender resting on a little cushion of sweet vanilla buttercream. I think this lavender is less herbaceous and more floral compared to others I've tried, but maybe that's due to the buttercream's sweetness. There's a dimension to it that reminds me of the sort of jammy quality that violet can sometimes have.

I did a side by side comparison with Two Frames and this is much heavier on the lavender. Two Frames is sweeter and more frosting-forward. I was expecting the same deep, buttery richness of Two Frames' frosting note, but that dimension is absent in Lavender Buttercream. After spending some time smelling both, I think Lavender Buttercream actually leans closer to TKO. It's like a sweeter, jammier TKO.

I like this! It's very pretty and fluffy, good as a soothing scent or a sleep scent.

Lavender Buttercream smells so much like TKO on my skin.  Same deep purple, slightly herbal, loud, aromatherapy lavender coated in sweet, kinda powdery vanilla notes.  I feel like it dries down to more of a sugared vanilla faster than TKO does, and this goes slightly more powdery on me, but they're still very similar on my skin.

Just a perfect sleep blend for the sweetest of dreams. Sugared, creamy lavender. Actually not buttery. But so sweet and calming. I want this piped through the air vents into my surroundings 24/7 honestly.

This is a LOT like TKO on me. I'm not getting much of that buttercream period, it's TKO without that "sugary/tingly" (oddly enough) note. Maybe it's there, but just a touch in the background, slightly creamier. Just a beautiful sweet lavender perfume. Doesn't amp on me like TKO does unfortunately but this is lovely!

I'm gonna be the odd one out here. This is nothing like TKO on me, and for me that's a good thing! 

TKO hits a point of almost being a bit too medicinal on me, which combined with the sugar just isn't my thing.

This however, I'm getting a good pump of buttercream first with a nice swirl of sweet lavender that grows and stays around for quite a while on me, it smells like a nice neutral buttercream in a baked good with a heavy swirl of that fancy lavender syrup you'd get in a London Fog or something?

I'm not a prototype chaser generally. They feel "incomplete" largely to me as they are by their very nature, but sometimes it's fun to experience the BPAL creative process this way by getting to smell a "rough draft".

I wasn't able to get this when it came up but it came up on FB for sale so I nabbed it.

I am a slut for lavender especially with vanilla so I was all about this. I would eat this. I want to make lavender buttercream frosting now. It's not as foody as TKO. I find TKO to be poofy lav vanilla with a bunch of marshmallow, which this blend lacks. Lavender Buttercream starts herbal, goes through a little powdery phase before the vanilla buttercream shows up to smooth it all out.

I can see how this was going to be a Lilith, especially when they were younger, the scents were very simple and childlike, but their love of lavender has continued.

Is this something super unique and special that you should sell your soul for and chase down? Not in my opinion. Is it nice? Yes! It will stay happily in my sleepy lavender subcollection of bottles near my bed, I sleep with a CPAP so I can't really smell while drifting off, but I try to make it a habit to dab some on and/or scent my pillows and stuffies to calm my brain for sleep. Doesn't always work, but smells great!