Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Coffee Bean, Cacao, and Khus

So good! Starts with a great big blast of cacao and coffee, not dissimilar to Margaret Magdalena Muffinhead, but obviously this one doesn't have any amber or sugar and spice. Khus provides a grassy, earthy balance on the drydown and blends in really well with the other notes. Lands in a lovely lightly smoky non foodie coffee/cacao place, and I am gonna wear the heck out of it.

Edited by LavenderCoffee

Dry, dark coffee beans (definitely the roasted beans, not the brew), dry cacao, and an equally dry, grass-stalky khus behind them. Coffee beans have that bit of roasted husk scent to them, and here that's so well supported by the other notes.

This is deeply comforting and I love it. Bottle, please!

I feared this trio would end up acrid because of the coffee bean and smoky because of the vetiver, but it wasn't the case at all.

The cacao note doesn't go powdery at all, it enhances the remaining two notes and gives off a bit of sweetness. The coffee bean comes out more and more and gets a bit smoky. As time goes by, it echoes to me of a drier version of Jiaolong only a whole lot less sugar syrupy and much less dense.

Go get yourselves a bottle of this trio while it's still up. It could've easily been part of the Koffeeklatsch Yule blends or Lupercalia Cocoa blends.