Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

It sure is weird down in Piscesland. Yellow currant, coconut water, carrot shavings, pineapple pulp, queen mandarin rind, and overripe cranberries all dunked in a bubbling and blooping deep blue musk.

skin test after 12ish hours rest: this smells like fruity rain. this is one of the better “water” scents imo because so far it’s not soapy at all. just a wet, juicy, fruity, watery scent. all the fruit notes bursting with ripeness without going rancid. everything has been muddled in a glass and it makes want a cocktail with gin. 😆 it’s aquatic without being aquatic. I can't really pick out one scent over another except what I think is blue musk because it literally smells musky and "blue" lol but everything else blends super well together into something fruity but not quite edible. this is not a foodie scent per se but it's close enough for a gourmand lover like me!

I think as more people smell it, it's going to become very popular! It's not really a fall or cool weather scent for me though, something about it feels warm and humid so I'm not sure how much wear it will be getting in the next few months but I can see myself reaching for it on slushy, snowy, wet weather days.

And now that this review is over I think I just talked myself into getting a back up bottle...

The bubbling part of this scent is the Lab's champagne note. It's like a watery champagne on me, tinged with fruits -- I get pineapple the most at first, then cranberry, and finally, some mandarin. The coconut part of the coconut water is really tame, but it helps smooth over the bubbly champagne. I'm not able to pick out the carrot.

The notes in this sounded so weird that I just had to try it, but it was an unexpected fruit-tinged champagne on me!

This was a surprise win... for Teadaughter. 

Fruity musks are my kind of jam, so I was really excited for this blend. 

In the decant, I smell bubbling (labdanum in there, maybe?) musk, cranberries & mandarin rind.

As soon as it hit my skin, it was obviously not for me. An aquatic note showed up, which my skin predictably amped to throw the whole thing out of balance. Smells great in a locket, but mediocre on me.

Teadaughter likes mandarin, so I asked her to give it a sniff (she wasn't originally interested due to the current, coconut & pineapple notes.) She's claimed the decant, & is evaluating it as a possible bottle for my next order. It smells fantastic on her.

Less fruity & sweet than I imagined. Neither Teadaughter nor I can pick out currant, pineapple, coconut, or carrot. Musky, pleasantly bittersweet, more vegetal than fruity.

This is much better on my skin than in the decant, tho I expected something different from the description. Bright aquatic with all those fruits reads on my skin as 'sunken pine forest'(?!).  Maybe the drydown will bring out more fruits. Either way, I'm enjoying this. 

This is such a delightful surprise of a scent! Very skillful use of pineapple, which is clearly present but doesn't turn the whole thing into a tropical cocktail or a fruit salad. It's a Spongebob aquatic: Whooooooo lives in a pineapple under the sea? It certainly smells joyful and colorful and animated. I can also see how it might smell a bit like pine as the musk develops.