Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

And Here I Shere My Corne Full Lowe

A season for falconry and harvest, leisure and labor: sweet honeyed oats, beer, woodmoss, corn husks, and flecks of amber.

This smells very much like the July Labors of the Months scent (in fact, I thought at first I ordered two of the same bottle accidentally).  Luckily, I like it:  it's a happy, sweet scent.  It doesn't necessarily smell like the given notes, although there is a warm, sunny, wholesome, grain scent.    

I feel like there is a pleasing similarity to many of these Labors of the Months (at least those for the warmer months).  

This one has a late summer/early fall vibe. I get lots of honeyed oats and beer on my skin. The beer kind of reminds me of the ale from Lambs-Wool, and while the honey increases in strength with wear, I swear there's some brown sugar in these oats, too? The scent just gets sweeter and sweeter over time on me.

I think this is nice, and different enough from the other honeyed oats scents that have been released this year, but there were moments when I wished the non-foodie notes would come out and tame some of the sweetness.

This is a pleasingly rounded scent that wears nicely for me. Honeyed oats aren't taking over everything, and it's not too beery. It was very sweet in the imp, then honeyed oats and corn pop out on my skin, then finally I get a bit of beer and woodmoss. I think the moss wants to go to cologne town but it never really gets there. 

edited to add, several months on: this wears gorgeously for me, and all day. I can't stand how simple and great it is. it's not as cloying as other honey-foodie scents can be. just really nicely balanced.

Edited by LavenderCoffee

Ohhh I like this a lot. It's starts off with a lot of honeyed oats and a decent amount of corn on my skin, but as it dries out comes the gorgeous woodmoss note and more than a few flecks of amber. I can't pick out the beer, but I do get something slightly boozy from this. This scent is the coziest and warmest of the monthly labor scents so far. There is something about it that really does bring to mind a gathering of warm, friendly, and very busy people. It's charming. It is very similar to August's Labor of the Months scent but without the clove, which really didn't work on me. There are enough similarities between all the Labor of the Month scents (at least so far) that I'm not sure I need to upsize any of them, but I am very happy to have my decants!

Gold honeyed-oats and fizz. Oh, it's beer fizz! This is one of the few beer blends in which I clearly smell the beer, but on my skin, it's surprisingly light and fizzy --- borderline ginger ale fizz.

A soft, dry husk quality gives some seasonal texture and I catch a whiff of corn now and then. The amber makes itself known as well. Mostly it contributes to the dedicated golden quality of the whole, but now and then, it seems to stand out on its own as a mild presence.

Lovely, hearty blend for late summer through fall.