Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Salt-crusted stones, azure moonlight on pale sand, ambergris clinging to cream linen, driftwood, and rose-tinted sandalwood.

This is beautiful. It needs travel rest but it was one of the two I had to try immediately. Lovely and definitely blue. I smell the driftwood and whichever florals/musks are used to evoke the sea. It reminds me sooo much of Astrid's Canyon Paths at Dusk but I don't know how. 

I will add more if I am able to tease out any other notes. Really really nice.

I wasn't prepared for this one! It's a warm aquatic, if that's possible. I thought got a hit of actual cream when I first applied, but it could be richness from the ambergris. It's surprisingly sweet in the imp, then salty and beachy on the skin, with warmth from the rosy sandalwood. I don't get a distinct sense of fabric/cotton/linen. Curiously cozy.

On my skin, this one is a little odd and chemical for a moment, then poof --- beach-breezy, blue floral musk perfume.

Emphasis on the perfume.

Thankfully the perfumey cloud settles back in drydown. The underlying melange is weightier on ambergris, with whiffs of salt and creamy linen.

This is a really lovely, more floral and musky take on BPAL's salty aquatics. In the decant and in its early application stages, the salt air is there, but the linen and rose notes add a bit of dryer-sheet sharpness and perfuminess to the scent. As it dries down, the sharpness fades and the ambergris, sandalwood, and driftwood (similar to the Orange Blossom & Driftwood Duet note, but softer) start to come out more. The driftwood note and something musky (the ambergris? blue musk?) temper the linen, rose, and salt notes in such a way that the scent is recognizably aquatic and beachy, but with a floral twist. It also has great staying power -- 12 hours later, I'm still getting whiffs of smooth ambergris and driftwood on my wrists. Very happy to add this one to my slate of aquatics.

I can't really pick out individual notes, except I do get a sense of ambergris and cream linen (I'd love to see cream linen turn up again in a Menage scent..).  The notes are just completely blended.  I personally don't smell any rose or anything floral.  

On me this is a dead ringer for CK One Summer.  I tried them side-by-side and CK One Summer has a little bit more mineral or salt note (I forget which year this one is, they change every year, this one might be 2019).  But the biggest difference is A Summer Night lasts and lasts, when CKOS fades really quickly.  

I have found I don't reach for this a lot, bit there are times I'm in the mood for it, so I'll keep it around for now.  It's definitely a warmer weather perfume, but might also be a good mood lightener in the winter.