Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Berlin Girls 1925

White amber and vanilla fougere with a touch of coconut, white plum, jasmine sambac, and toasted white almond, and a thin, dry exhale of white tobacco.

This is very much a fougere. It is well-blended, and it's hard to pick out all of the notes, but I can say that the white tobacco is most prominent when first applied on me, the jasmine sambac is not indolic whatsoever, and, combined with the fougere, it gives me Vicomte de Valmont and Theodosius vibes. I am not a fan of plum in perfume, but the white plum in this is not purple, not juicy, and not candy-like. It's as if there's just a bit of plum skin mingling with the fougere. I'm not able to pick out the coconut (so no beach, suntan lotion, or plastic!), almond, or vanilla, although that might change as this has more time to settle. My partner thinks it smells nice but that it is a perfume that is meant to smell like a perfume.

Berlin Girls 1925 is a scent for fougere fans. I enjoy fougeres, so I'm happy to have this (as well as the book of Weimar era illustrations). :) 

Edited by doomsday_disco

This is FANCY.  Was gifted a decant of this to try and wowzers.

I am getting a vanilla fougere and then the toasted almond: which, I perceived as nutmeg until I read notes!  I suppose the toasting is what gave it this nutty spice smell. Super yum.  

Jasmine surfaces as it begins to dry on skin. At this stage, I no longer imagine that I am smelling nutmeg. It s so lovely. Fancy. That must be what I thought was fancy! It isnt indolic in the least. So pretty. This isnt. delicate pretty scent though, Its bold on my skin. I want more of this Jasmine accord. All the things. This jasmine hugs the wrists like a cuff. The vanilla fougere is the scent those three feet away would love. Only those leaning in to whisper in your ear will smell the lovely jasmine. 

It hovers in the masculine to cologne once or twice, but manages to stay on the feminine side more the masculine or even gender neutral. 

I would wear this to dine out in. I would want to wear something sexy, This is a body hugging dress with a drapey shawl covering the shoulders. So happy I got to try and wouldnt turn down a larger decant but Since I never get to go out to dine (sad cries) I only need decants. :) 

This one is a hella sexy, traditional femme perfume. Amber, jasmine, and cologne/fougere. This whispers like silk, and jangles like heavy gold bangles dancing in the night. Medium throw and wear length. If you're into femme fatales, give this one a spin.