Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Peach-Kissed Daddy by Effy

The clearest description I can give is "amped-up peaches." Very juicy, very strong peach brings out the fruity herbal note of bay rum. It's bright and brash and gender-neutral.

Hnnng ...this is so sexy I'm breaking all the rules for it! Fresh out of the mail and it's my choice for SotD.

I know when we say we'll come back and update these first impression reviews that we don't always follow through, but my TODOs in case I do follow through: retest after some rest and also give it a proper comparison to the OG DADDY (OGD). I liked what I sniffed when I tested OGD briefly before, but I didn't have any strong feelings one way or another, and I have not yet given that one a proper wear and review. 

Amped-up peaches is a good place to start. A roll in the hay with a sexy demon peach? As mentioned on 15 Minutes of Fume, it's more of a fully realized fragrance than some of the other peaches this year. The bay rum is really vibing with the peach. Not getting much discernable incense, but this peach-kissed variant is so very sexy, like ridiculously so (with apologies to Ridiculously Sexy Peach). I don't think anyone would come up to you and tell you that you smell like peaches or fruit especially, but I will find out later when I see people. Very pleased with this one. 

For a long time, this is just a sort of more orangey peach on me.

The bay rum-fougere vibe is mellow and takes an hour or so to develop. Sometimes I think I get a small suggestion of frankincense, but that's all.

I don't find a lot of depth to this, but it might settle more into that.

Wow, second day in a row wearing this and SO MUCH going on.  Hard to describe, other than...maybe....unisex peach cologne?  Peaches with a masculine twist?  Nose-tingly peach fuzz, bay leaf, and fougere are definitely the stars here.  Long wear, medium throw.

This starts off peach forward, with some bay rum and patchouli peeking through. The bay rum and patch increase with strength over time, although the peach is still there, just playing a lesser role.

It's not something I could see myself reaching for, but I did enjoy this more than straight up Daddy by Effy.