Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Scent Notes: rosehips and hemp with bittersweet balsam, mushroom, and patchouli root

This smells like posh luxury! The rosehips give it a tart bite, smoothed over by a bit of patchouli with a hint of mushroom and balsam to ground. I can't pick out the hemp, which is fine by me. I can't compare it to anything although I think there was a similar set of notes for a Weenie or Yule that I missed out on last year. When I smell this and close my eyes, I'm in a beautiful traditional Japanese room with precious lacquered wooden items and books. Very comforting. Very posh/plush. Very glad I got a bottle!

Eta 10 Feb 2024

This is so deep and smooth. The rosehips giving a tart lift to the patchouli and friends blend underneath. I love this so much.

Edited by HerbGirl

Wet: heavy 'perfumy' (amberette seed?) with rose, and a bit of mushroom in the back. Curiously this is the first bpal blend I've smelled with mushroom where it actually smells a bit like brown button mushroom in addition to the earthy default smell.

As it starts to dry, I can smell the patchouli finally start to peek out.

Dry my skin: it stays perfumey  followed by the dried roses note. The patchouli and mushroom are a whiff of earth in the background. It gave me a bit of a headache.

That dominant note is aromatic in a 'perfumy' way, sweet, but tempered by something mineral. A bit of salt?

Similar to Signum Crucis, which I prefer.

Edited by Biocarbons

Dirt earth and a whiff of dry roses. I actually get a fair bit of rose from this blend. Great throw, medium wear length.

Grief Moth Part II is a scent that gently arms the wearer with a little lightness and a small measure of hope when you wake of a morning, limbs weighted with the crushing gravity of grief and soul wracked with the shivers of sorrow. When in those seconds your eyes adjust to the light through the curtains and you think, “I have no heart for it all today.”  But our stubborn human hearts, they keep on beating, don’t they? “Approaching sorrow,” reveals Francis Weller in The Wild Edge of Sorrow: Rituals of Renewal and the Sacred Work of Grief  “requires enormous psychic strength.” And though in the frozen time/cracked-watch face/inexorable slowness of loss it feels as though those moments of darkness and despair will last forever, the throb and thrum of your heart reminds you that (as it’s been said by many) that grief is your love living on, persevering–and this is a thing to cherish, a sacred strength that asserts itself despite ourselves. It’s a fearful thing to love what death can touch–but we keep doing it, beautiful, amazing fools that we are. And that in that timeworn compulsion lies the soft, quiet joys of this fragrance of subtle, diffusive woods and bittersweet balsamic sap and resin, rich, resilient soil and stone, and a delicate floral-fruity tannic tang. The only way out is through, but sometimes we need a little help reaching the other side. Grief Moth Part II is a beautiful scent of belief and elusive hopefulness that may light a lantern to lead the way.