Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Scent Notes: dusty woods brushed by a stroke of bourbon vanilla, gaïac, raw green fig, black labdanum, and 7-year aged patchouli.

In the bottle it is very very fig. BIG FIG.

On the skin, it morphs into a crazy beautifully soft fig mooshed into vanilla woods. After a few minutes I smell a touch of patchouli. This bottle just arrived but it already smells amazing. I'm looking forward to smelling how it ages!

Eta 01 December '22

I still love this. It has become a papery fig, if that makes any sense. 

Eta 10 Feb 2024

This has smoothed out and that big fig has mellowed out big time. This is one that I get frustrated by the listed notes...aside from the patchouli, I just can't find them. I prefer Grief Moth 2 but this is a lovely papery fig patchouli.

Eta 19 Feb 2024 I get the feeling this will come into its own in another year or so. I'm wearing both Grief Moths this morning and actually just love them both, and they smell so good in proximity to each other. Just lovely.

Edited by HerbGirl

Fig, woods, and soft resin rose. This one is a very soft, resin rose with figgy woods. Medium throw and wear length.

Grief Moth is a fragrance of half-light glooms, that liminal borderland of light and dark accessed between wakefulness and dream. When the mind, half-shrouded in night, barely begins to discern the glow of the sun beyond closed eyes, but the temporal curtain of the eyelid has not yet revealed its truth. In this place, all things are possible, nothing is beyond your grasp, and in these shadows you are safe and held. These are the soils where, in nocturnal sublimity, your subconscious has struggled with the raw and murky things you’ve been carrying, and in these lightless labors, you are slowly becoming whole. As Jarod K. Anderson writes in a poetic excerpt from Love Notes From The Hollow Tree, “The work to bring a violet up into the light happens down in the dark.” Grief moth is the flinty grey umbral amber, fog-faded forest of ghostly trees in your interior landscape where this work takes place.