Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Constellation

Inspired by black glitter, starry nights, and Velvet Obsidian, Constellation blends Egyptian Amber with Sugar spiked Clove.

Note: I received this while I was down & out with the Coves (covid) so my review might be a bit off & I will add to it when I am not morphing into a blobfish.

This is the most amazing thing I’ve smelled. O.K. maybe I’m wrong, my memory is terrible, but let’s just say that the way it smells right now? I’d trade almost my whole BPAL collection for just this one. I’ve worn it for two days & it skyrocketed to my top 5, then top 3. It’s tough to say if I’d trade my other two favs for it… we’ll see after I can smell again (properly… I can still smell things).

My brain is fog so I can only give you impressions because I can’t think of what I want to compare it to. But that sugar spiked clove is like the warmth of a dark, gourmet hot cocoa. When I first put it on I thought it had a cocoa note, but it’s the clove with sugar. It gets so warm & perfect as it dries. The amber is there too, but not powdery. No, it gives it that smooth stability. I think it also keeps it from morphing much while stopping it from imitating a gourmet scent. It starts as this sugary waft of spicy delight & morphs to the warmth of dark chocolate, then settles into an almost lavish sweetness that isn’t any kind of food but makes you think about the idea of it. Like a montage of decadence in dimly lit rooms. 

tl;DR: I’ll be saving up to buy more if this is the way it really smells after I get over the plague. It’s as perfect as a Milky Way. 

Edited by Diesis
To sound less like a person loaded on cough meds...

This is a gorgeous amber blend. It reminds me a lot of the Black Amber & Sugarcane duet, except I think I like it even better. :heart: This amber is deep, dark, velvety, almost a little musky, and the sugared clove is this sparkly sheen of spicy-sweetness. Unrested and unaged, the throw and longevity aren't that strong, but ambers always age well (and even if it stays as a sexy skin scent, I'm fine with it!). I might have to pick up a second bottle so I can slather with abandon. If you fell in love with Black Amber & Sugarcane or wanted to try it, and you also like clove, I definitely recommend this!

Gorgeous black amber and a whiff of the same clove that you get in the Smiling Spider.

If the Smiling Spider is ALL CLOVE, smoky and scorched and in your face, the amber here is more of a clove-infused amber.

Gorgeous.

Low throw, skin scent, but I am going to roll around in this. And agree that this will age beautifully.

All Clove on me and I do not discern any sugared amber. I loved the Black Amber and Sugar duet and was hoping this was the same scent with a spark of clove, but, Its a clove punch with maybe a dollop of amber. It isnt bad, its pretty if you like clove. Spicy. But, I wanted something with a little more depth. 

Gorgeous sugared clove and a light amber with a nice throw and long wear!

Edited by HerbGirl

I get a musky, golden amber swirled with some light clove. The sugar isn't super noticeable on me, and while the clove is present with each sniff, I still find myself wanting more of it... mainly because I love clove so much. But even though I find myself wanting MOAR CLOVE, I've still found myself swooning when catching a whiff of this.

I'll be keeping my bottle and layering it with Sweet Clove SN for an even more clove-y experience. :vamp:

Sugared clove against a curtain of amber musk. 

In the realm of both Black Amber and Sugarcane, and Luke 10:25-37. Love this sugary spice.

Goth Queen is that you? 

I took the plunge on Constellation because of the comparisons with Black Amber Sugar Cane, which I liked a lot, but wasn't strong enough for me. 

Just out of the mail bottle sniff and upon application, i'm thinking of Goth Queen, maybe just a little richer and deeper. Oh yes, the clove is here but it's smooooth and sultry. After a few minutes, the amber rises up to the top. It's sweet, dark and sparkles like the night sky. I am really loving this! I rehomed my bottles of Goth Queen and BASC but keeping this one. My Goddess this is going to be exquisite with some aging. The Egyptian Amber is incredibly beautiful ahhhhhh.  If you missed BASC or Goth Queen, get thee claws to the Haute Macabre before this shooting star leaves our galaxy. 

Edited by Jenjin

High end clove. Clove, but glamourous. 

I'm starting to discover I like the idea of cloves more than how they actually smell on my skin. That said if you love clove, and clove loves you, holy shit, this might be your goth night holy grail.

Oh wow. I tried this as soon as I got it. It smells so incredible. I thought I wasn't super big on "spicy" scents but the amber in this must be working to smooth out the clove. It really gives me the pumpkin spice I always wanted with no cinnamon, just sugary cloves. The amber really makes it creamy, and the dry down is unreal, slightly sweet and spicy amber. It's not powdery at all to me. I will wear this a ton.